Multiple instances of bone-animated objects?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Video intro templates for games and game making with Construct 3 made with Animate
  • Just a quick question; Is it possible to set up a bone animation for an object and then have multiple instances of that object? For instance, if I wanted to have bone-animated enemies, is it possible to spawn multiple copies of that enemy (along with the objects needed for the animation) and have the bone animation still work correctly?

I just tried setting up a bone animation using two objects and when I made an additional copy of those objects, the first set of objects just repositioned themselves over the new copies when I ran the game. Am I doing some thing wrong, or is this just not possible yet?

Cheers

• Just lump all of the pieces into a container. I did that and everything worked correctly. A lot of objects with bone movements(around 10) create a pretty sizable performance hit, though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just lump all of the pieces into a container. I did that and everything worked correctly. A lot of objects with bone movements(around 10) create a pretty sizable performance hit, though.

Hmm, I just tried that but it still seems to be doing the same thing

Could you post a cap?

• Crap, I think it's broken. I just checked the CAP I made previously(the sample CAP didn't work), and it doesn't work anymore. Once I loaded it up in an older version it did.

• Ah, damn. Might very well be a bug then

• Can any of the devs confirm that this isn't working correctly? If so, I'll add it to the tracker

• Just add it to the tracker anyway. We'll confirm whether or not it's a problem from there.

• > Just lump all of the pieces into a container. I did that and everything worked correctly. A lot of objects with bone movements(around 10) create a pretty sizable performance hit, though.

>

only 10?

i can run 370 of my ik arms on my 1.8 dual core

10 seems a tad low. how fast is your comp?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)