Multiple monitors/ Construct dialogs off screen RESOLVED

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:35 pm

RESOLVED

Problem Description
I recently used a second monitor while working with construct. In order to transcribe an objects instance variables into another language/engine I opened the instance variable dialog and placed it on the other monitor. I now no longer have access to a second monitor but construct remembers the position of the instance variable dialog window as being on the other screen. I can't edit them now!

I have disabled the second monitor in properties and control panel and as far as the computer goes, there is no second monitor but construct 2 keeps opening dialogues off screen if that was the last place they were!

Construct 2 has no "set windows and dialogues to default positions" option (which many programs, such as photoshop, have in order to fix this issue) Is there a way around this? If not I would say construct 2 needs a way to move dialogue windows back on screen! I can't work on my project right now.

------------------------
edit

It is possible via windows shortcuts to select the dialogue window and move it on screen.
Alt+space -> m -> hit an arrow key -> move the mouse around till you can see it.

Attach a Capx
n/a

Description of Capx
n/a

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • Step 1 - Plug in a second monitor and move a dialouge to the second screen space. Save project and close.
  • Step 2 - unplug and disable the second monitor. Re open construct 2.
  • Step 3 - Open up previously used dialogue windows (such as instance variables) that had been moved to second monitor... (they open off screen and can't be touched/edited)

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7, latest service pack

Construct 2 Version ID
Release 173 (64 bit)
Last edited by ruskul on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Have you tried Preferences/Reset Dialogs ?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 pm

@zenox98 - thats what I was looking for.... I looked around for that but couldn't find it >.< (I have owned construct 2 for a year now and never new the preference button existed >.>

Thanks.
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs