Multiple Screen Size - Image size optimisation

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:15 pm

I'm sorry that I haven't make it clear: There is basicly 2 aspects:
The first is specially about CocoonJS. I find that it is excellent, but the Scale of letter and the fullscreen mode doesn't.

B
S

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:28 pm

When I find your post here, it comes to me a solution. As all screens have differents proportion of Width and Height. Why not do it like this
1, use the Behavier Anchor, to fix the elements, whose positions are supposed to be fixed to the bord.
2, use a background a little bit bigger than the windows
3, Then chose Fullscreen scale.
like this:
http://10.14.182.39/yfang/image/fullscreen mode.bmp

As we know, the cocoon use a mixe mode of scale and crop, so it is a excellent solution:
We will have a reel Full screen mode in all device

B
S

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:32 pm

The second questions is about text:
1. the cocoonJS doesn't support jet the scale of text, hope it works later in the near future
2. Even it works, I mean, with the same scale proportion with the text. It is not wise to use the same size for the PC and Mobile. Because normally, the screen is too small to recgnize the text which is clear for the PC.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 am

@nothing1969 it's great to know that you testing fullscreen solutions for CocoonJS! I used to use exactly the same logic for real fullscreen:
Archor with laft/right for specific elements, wider background for wide (16:9) devices and fullscreen scale.

For others who did not tested this logic yet, it's only trick is that the middle area is "fluid" by this. It means if you have some left and some right elements, you have for example a center space of 60% of the with in 4:3 screens and about 75% in 16:9. In my memory game it calcualtes this center space's width and height, and layouts the cards according this sizes.

For now I'll use this logic, so hope that this will works very well with cocoon.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:11 am

Hi...

Im new on this. I need some help with screen resolutions.

My game its originally for 800 x 480 screen size... So, whitch configuration must I set in construct 2 to see my game correctly in iPad 2...

Sorry about my basic english...
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?