Multiple Sprites into One Random Array?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi,

I've worked through the tutorial on how to pull animations from a single sprite into a random array here: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/307/arrays-for-beginners/page-3

I'm wondering if, using the same steps as demo'd in the tutorial linked above, if it's possible to randomly display various animations from MULTIPLE sprites in a single array - instead of animations from just a single sprite?

Thanks.
B
S

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Easier: use a single sprite, inside that sprite store Several animations, in each animation you can store different images.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 5:02 pm

or use families i.e. "Enemies: call random animation"
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 21, 2013 1:39 am

Much thanks for the information. I'm going the families route since I need to track each sprite that is touched independently. It's working - but - of the 4 sprites I have, the randomly generated array is mostly (not completely) displaying the first animation from each of the 4 sprites and not all animations from the 4 sprites equally. The array will randomly display 2 or 3 other animations from each sprite but about 90% of the array is made up of only the first animation from each sprite. Any ideas why?

Thanks again.
B
S

Return to How do I....?