multiple versions of Construct

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun May 31, 2009 7:59 pm

If I want to use multiple versions of Construct, is there something I should pay attention to?

Should I install the different versions in different folders?
Should I accept the directx and visual studio-install with both versions?
Does it matter if I install the newest version first and the older version of Construct later (or other way around)?
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 31, 2009 8:17 pm

I just install it to a differently named folder.

Also, you only need to accept the DirectX and VS runtimes if you haven't installed them yet.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 31, 2009 8:27 pm

It should all be fine if you just put them in different folders. There may be potential conflicts with dialog positions/sizing in some versions due to only one set of data being stored in the registry, but it shouldn't ever be a real problem.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 31, 2009 8:32 pm

[quote="linkman2004":uf9m8c52]I just install it to a differently named folder.

Also, you only need to accept the DirectX and VS runtimes if you haven't installed them yet.[/quote:uf9m8c52]

I always think: perhaps this directx/vs update is newer? So I install it always. :)

[quote="Rich":uf9m8c52]It should all be fine if you just put them in different folders. There may be potential conflicts with dialog positions/sizing in some versions due to only one set of data being stored in the registry, but it shouldn't ever be a real problem.[/quote:uf9m8c52]

Ok, thanks.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic