Multiply enemies with the same instances

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:54 pm

@jojoe....

Dude, I TOTALLY agree with your observation... It's great that the system object is as accessible as it is, but the most "rudimentary" features of programming should be(in theory anyway) fairly straightforward to understand so that execution isn't a tall task for a beginner...

Appreciate the link btw
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:24 pm

[QUOTE=BLACKMASK CEO] @jojoe....

Dude, I TOTALLY agree with your observation... It's great that the system object is as accessible as it is, but the most "rudimentary" features of programming should be(in theory anyway) fairly straightforward to understand so that execution isn't a tall task for a beginner...

Appreciate the link btw[/QUOTE]

The reason they added Behaviors is so beginners do not have to deal with complex things.

A small thing like "Destroy when parent is destroyed." added to the pin behavior would really make things simple on people. The Blender Game engine does this with its child to parent relationships. Kill the parent, means you kill everything attached to it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:45 pm

@jojoe

These Editors all seem to have things in common (i.e. features and so on) but they mostly differ in scripting preference and so on... I'm no expert by any means in any scripting language of any kind, but it seem that they all attempt to "achieve the similar goal" but they way to the solution depends heavily on what scripting language you are using... It would be nice if all these language could be interchangeable with each other, but I guess that's the reason for why they are all different...
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?