Music and Layout Change Issue in Chrome

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:45 am

Sorry I cross posted this, it was in how do I, but I don't think its a bug on my end. Although happy to be proven wrong.

I think this is a chrome specific issue, as Firefox does not have the problem and I have looked at every possible cause for why changing layouts would sometimes stutter the music for a second or two.

If somebody could play my alpha version and let me know how their chrome works with the music resetting after you die (just use WSAD to walk into the enemies in the bowler hats) and then restart by hitting space when it goes to the cutscene.

This is when the music stutters. But I can't see an issue with my events in place... not put music in a game before...

( Warning, the game has graphic violence, just use WSAD to walk into the enemies and see if the music skips when you hit space to restart.

Link to game (again, violence warning, its pretty gory):
LINK TO GAME

(hit space to skip the unfinished cutscene in the rain).Awakening2013-01-28 10:33:11
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 am

I just tested it on Chrome and the music stutters just before reloading the level after you've been killed. But it only happened once or twice the whole time.

Something interesting - possibly linked. Is that while I hold in space during a level, the game freezes. When I let go it return to normal. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but if it isn't, this could be the cause of your problem.

I love the somber art style and music, by the way. Looking forward to seeing more of this game.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:49 am

[QUOTE=GeometriX] I just tested it on Chrome and the music stutters just before reloading the level after you've been killed. But it only happened once or twice the whole time.

Something interesting - possibly linked. Is that while I hold in space during a level, the game freezes. When I let go it return to normal. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but if it isn't, this could be the cause of your problem.

I love the somber art style and music, by the way. Looking forward to seeing more of this game.[/QUOTE]

thanks! yes its not linked, as my game has been futher tweaked and it still does it.

The space was for pausing screenshots, which no longer is the case yet it still stutters ):Awakening2013-01-28 05:49:32
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:38 am

I noticed this, the whole game stutters though. Not just the music.
B

Post » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 am

What are you playing it on? Are you using chrome? is webGL enabled?

Also, I fixed the issue with the music, I simply loaded the music as a "sound" rather than a streaming music track, so that must have been the issue with chrome.
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General