Music Party !!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:51 am

I haven't tried Aviary's Music Creator as yet, but I have to say, while Audiotool can be a bit complicated to learn, it's incredible for music creation.

Then of course, there's the totally free and awesome, multi-platform (yes, iPad and iPhone as well as Windows, Mac and Linux) SunVox!

SunVox seems to be the best suited for retro-style videogame music, in my opinion. :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:58 am

@Ugotsta: It reminds me a lot of buzzz and psycle.
I think those are forks around the same project.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:24 am

@Ugotsta: Is there a tutorial on how to use SunVox? Very interesting application!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 am

@VampyricalCurse, I think the following should help with that!
http://www.warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1223

@Kyatric, well, that's a rarity, someone else familiar with Psycle and Buzz! I love those 2 trackers myself, just prefer SunVox for its simplicity.

Interestingly, the reason I use FLStudio mainly is because it reminds me of the look and feel of old tracker software like FastTracker. And ironically, I read it's UI was based on MOD trackers.Ugotsta2011-12-22 04:34:02
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:25 am

@Ugotsta: when I was a teenager I used to do my first tunes on ScreamTracker3. ^^

I've always looked for open source/alternative musical production softwares.
In terms of simplicity I felt like psycle looked better in its interface.
FL studio, I tried it a long time ago (when it was still fruity loops), after scream tracker3. It's indeed quite close with trackers.

Reason is my graal. Someday I'll buy a commercial version and have a lot of fun with it
In the meantime, when I'll need to do music, I'll settle for lmss or sunvox/psycle.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Honestly just get FL studio. It's the easiest program to use. I have been using it for 10 years.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:41 am

@Kyatric, that's awesome, Reason is great too, though I didn't try that out for too long as it initially didn't have VST support. But then, I also didn't know how to program a synth back when I tried it, so I'm sure I'd be able to recreate sounds using purely it's included synths now.

I forgot to list Darkwave Studio as another potential software here.
http://www.experimentalscene.com/software/darkwave-studio/

Oh, and for instant tracks, one might also consider Microsoft Songsmith! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oGFogwcx-E
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Personally, I use a program called Reaper. I like it because it's fast, rock stable, immensely powerful, highly customizable, and cheap. Easy to use? Well, I don't think it would take top honors there, but if you take some time to configure it and read the manual it's as good -- and in some ways even better -- than just about anything out there.

That being said, never stop experimenting with new programs. Of all the tracks I've made, some of my best were with a homebrew music app for my psp called Rhythm. Even with it's massive limitations -- 16 note polyphony anyone? -- it's proved useful and creatively inspiring to me. When your creative vision is not clear, absolute power and endless options can be your worst enemies. The decision on whether to set those limits yourself, or use tools that set them for you is one everyone has to make; both approaches can lead to great work.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Lmms looks cool! But honestly, as an individual dev, I find it easier to get game music ( I purchase when necessary)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General