Music Plays Intermittently In Edge Web Browser

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
On the Edge is a puzzle game where you have 40 levels to have fun with.
  • Problem Description

As mentioned by a few others, there seems to be an issue with music consistently playing in the Edge web browser (Note: I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 with the November Threshold 2 update). The Space Blaster demo was mentioned in another thread, so I used it for my testing (see below for how to replicate the problem).

Attach a Capx

http://www.scirra.com/demos/space-blast ... aster.capx

Description of Capx

Space Blaster Demo

Steps to Reproduce Bug

This bug seems to be intermittent, so the easiest way that I found to replicate it is to start Construct 2 and run the Space Blaster demo. If the music plays, then press "F5" (which will reload the game). I have found that after a few times of pressing "F5" the game will start with the music not playing.

Observed Result

The music will intermittently play. As an additional observation, I have noticed that if you move the music files to the sound folder, then the problem seems to go away.

Affected Browsers

• Microsoft Edge

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 Pro x64 with the November Threshold 2 update (all updates have been installed)

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 Beta Release r218

• Pretty sure this is a bug in Edge, since no other browsers are affected and it even works in Edge the first few times, suggesting our code is working fine.

I filed a bug with Microsoft here: https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedbackdetail/view/2136032/audio-stops-playing-intermittently

Closing this report, please follow that issue for developments.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley, thank you for researching the issue and filing the bug report with Microsoft. I will monitor the Microsoft link that you provided.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)