Music Synchronization

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Sync animations, animation frames, mirror state, sounds and anything else using these methods.
  • First, I would like to say that Construct2 is an amazing piece of kit. It is, without a doubt, the most intuitive and fun-to-use games engine that I've come across. I love it.

I'm currently working on a rhythm game, similar to DDR or Guitar Hero. Normally the visuals and the music synch together perfectly, but if the player leaves the tab, or if the application stutters for whatever reason, the music gets a little bit ahead and the synchronization is ruined.

I did a little searching and found this topic from a few months ago, but it appears that no solution was available at the time.

I imagine that one solution would be to check the music time elapsed against the number of ticks passed, and if there is a discrepancy, then the music can be rewound accordingly. I don't see a way of checking "music time elapsed" or "go to this time" with the standard Construct2 commands, so are there any plug-ins that would allow me to do this? If not, is there another route that I can take?

• Because of varied/bad browser support, fine audio control is simply not possible at the moment.

• That's disappointing, but there must be some way of gathering the "now playing" position, even if it's in the form of a crude method like counting the number of bits streamed so far.

• SketchyLogic : you can ask Ashley to add the support to

audio.addEventListener('timeupdate',

to the Audio object. This help to have something sync to the music, by trigerring callbacks on various timecues.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sure, I'll send a message later. Thanks for the reply.

• Any news on this?

I have the same exact problem, and Pode suggestion sounds the perfect solution for this.

Thank you!!!

• Yeah, this would be a very welcome update to the sound engine.

• I would like this feature added as well. My project will include a music rhythm minigame

• I would like this feature added as well. My project will include a music rhythm minigame

Yes, my game will include something like a karaoke part, so audio sync is very important.

I hope a future release will include support for this :)

Thanks!!!

• Any word on whether or not anything has improved since july?

• This'd be great for creating loop based music that could change mood, like how UT3 had. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)