Music transition

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:28 am

Good evening again.

I feel like I'm already asking for so much, but I have another problem.

When it comes to music changing between layouts, I can't make it to where one track stops and the other plays without both of them overlapping.

Consulted the manuals and did a google search and ended up with nothing. It seemed pretty cut and dry just making one track "stop" in an event sheet, but the track continues.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Crackpot,
Music can be a hassel at first. I always pre load my sounds and music by name, and give them tags. I believe you need to use the "tags" to stop sound. I also like to use a timer to trigger the sounds and music in a layout.
I had just opened up an example file created poster by Vee41 over here...
          http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic65059.html
I hope it is ok with them, but since I already had it opened just I added another layout to bounce back and forth from, a few more actions and music for each layout. Hopefully this may help you out.
@vee41 hope ya don't mind.
So here it is, worked in Chrome so far   
      Vee41s grid with soundAuntie Val2013-03-18 16:21:18
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:26 am

[QUOTE=Auntie Val] Hi Crackpot,
Music can be a hassel at first. I always pre load my sounds and music by name, and give them tags. I believe you need to use the "tags" to stop sound. I also like to use a timer to trigger the sounds and music in a layout.
I had just opened up an example file created poster by Vee41 over here...
          http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic65059.html
I hope it is ok with them, but since I already had it opened just I added another layout to bounce back and forth from, a few more actions and music for each layout. Hopefully this may help you out.
@vee41 hope ya don't mind.
So here it is, worked in Chrome so far   
      Vee41s grid with sound[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you Auntie Val for saving my bacon. All I had to do was just name the "tag" as you said, and pretty much fixed the problem for me. I wouldn't of known what tags did until now, thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:24 am

@Crackpot,
So Glad I could be of help! Now go sizzle up that sweet hickory smoked bacon, and slap it on a slab of rye, with some lettuce and tomatos!
B
S

Return to How do I....?