Muted audio still audible for a fraction of a second?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ Musical High Quality Sound Effects for your game!
  • Hello,

I'm working with music and SFX sliders and keep running into a problem where audio that shouldn't be audible is, but only for a fraction of a second. When the SFX master volume is changed from 0 to -60, if you play a sound effect, it seems to play at full volume for a tick before correctly playing (at -60 dB).

The image here shows all the relevant code for adjusting the volume as well as a graph to show you what the problem is versus what I would expect to happen. The image seems to be getting cut off here, but the full image is http://i.imgur.com/QMhiVgk.png

If anyone has any idea about why this might be happening, I would be thrilled to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

• Has anyone ever encountered this before? I still can't quite figure out what the issue is. It's even mentioned in the manual that setting the volume even in the next action after playing a sound will cause this, but in my case, it's all happening on a single event line.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think you need to simplify/take a few pieces out and see if it's still happening. If it is, I'd make a bug report.

Recreate the problem in as few events as possible (leave out the sliders and dictionary stuff and try running without a function). If it still happens, I'd say it's a bug. If it doesn't, you'll have a much better idea as to what's causing it..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)