My 1st New Game with C2

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:23 pm

I followed the tutorial and created the ghost shooter. My next step was to create my own shooter. I call it "Save the Flowers". I've posted the game at:

http://genedavis.com/games/save-the-flowers/

I had to put it on my own site, because the clipart license for the images only lets me put it on my own website. Other than that, it's not too terrible for a first game. My kids have already given me a list of feature requests for the second version.
B
29
S
16
G
23
Posts: 68
Reputation: 13,723

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:19 am

Dragonflies killing ants! Interesting. :) Bravo on taking the steps to make the game your own!
B
13
S
5
G
4
Posts: 139
Reputation: 2,586

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:10 am

A good first game. You can get royalty free graphics all over the internet at websites like http://opengameart.org/. That site has 2D and 3D graphics for every type of game, as well as a lot of high quality music, all free to use.
B
22
S
3
G
1
Posts: 153
Reputation: 1,883

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:42 am

awmace5 wrote:A good first game. You can get royalty free graphics all over the internet at websites like http://opengameart.org/. That site has 2D and 3D graphics for every type of game, as well as a lot of high quality music, all free to use.


Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
B
29
S
16
G
23
Posts: 68
Reputation: 13,723

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Good for a first game but there is a lot of stuff you can add like animated sprites, shadows, more particles effects, maybe screen shakes, different kind of levels, leaderboards etc.
B
51
S
9
G
2
Posts: 153
Reputation: 3,488

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Nice but I think you should add WASD controls. I feel awkward when I use arrow keys with mouse :D
Image
B
58
S
25
G
39
Posts: 449
Reputation: 23,723

Post » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:35 am

bilgekaan wrote:Nice but I think you should add WASD controls. I feel awkward when I use arrow keys with mouse :D

Great suggestion. I'll add that to the next version.
B
29
S
16
G
23
Posts: 68
Reputation: 13,723

Post » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:37 am

mrnannings wrote:Good for a first game but there is a lot of stuff you can add like animated sprites, shadows, more particles effects, maybe screen shakes, different kind of levels, leaderboards etc.

Absoulutely. I juest need to learn how first. ;)
B
29
S
16
G
23
Posts: 68
Reputation: 13,723


Return to Completed Creations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests