My C2 game "Bee Active" is live on Ouya!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:26 am

Hey part12studios,

Are you using the normal C2 Gamepad object or is there something else? I tried the Gamepad object on Nvidia Shield and Gamestick, but it doesn't work. I'm looking for a solution for an Android Gamepad Devices (Ouya, Gamestick, Nvidia Shield and so on). Does Ouya has a input system like a console gamepad (working on the normal C2 Gamepad Object) or is it Android based like other Gamepad based Android Devices? If Ouya has an Android based inputs, I would love to know how did you do this. :)

Thanks
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:36 am

Hey @arcgen

I've just had my game accepted onto the OUYA store and it uses the normal gamepad object - works just fine too. When using the gamepad object on OUYA - the first (player1) gamepad is 0. So you can do local multiplayer using gamepad 0, 1, 2, 3 for players 1, 2, 3 & 4.

I don't know about the Nvidia Shield - but for the GameStick I did read that one dev here created a game for it just fine - but that the player 1 gamepad had to be gamepad 1 - not 0 as is the standard.

If you need any more help, just ask.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:59 am

Humm. Actually I tried on GameStick using 0 as on PC. I'll change it and try it again just in case. Thank you!! :)

I'm still looking for a Solution for Nvidia Shield since the normal gamepad object doesn't work. Maybe there is some trick like on the GameStick.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Also, consider using the Ouya export option. I know it's not the same device but since they are both android, perhaps the 2.0.2 canvas+ will still wrap the game pad in a way that the shield can recognize.. worth a try at lest.

@grimbarian what is your game? Awesome news.

Also got a little exposure on the Ouya Support google hangout to share a little about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEC3_MjHljg&t=30m55s Also Marco, later in the conversation talks about the "Compile Launcher", or at least I believe that's what he's referring too. I did it the old fashioned (slow) way only because I knew it worked and cue times were rarely more than 10min so it wasn't a huge hurdle for this game, but later games that get more involved and require deeper testing, I can see how this would become a problem.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:34 pm

@part12studios - great work on the exposure, nice job.

My game is here: https://www.ouya.tv/game/Silent-Star-Blast/

and in the thread on here too: silent-star-blast-on-scirra-arcade_t108634
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:01 am

awesome, I'm not at home with my Ouya, but do you have this as a trial, paid up front or totally free? I'm SUPER interested in knowing how to get IAP stuff to work with Ouya of course.

I have another project.. a really quick one called "controller quest" I'm making and I want to add a donate button to test the IAP stuff.

congratz again!

Oh and on a side note, I got an semi-acceptance email from Nintendo for the Wii-U.. so now I have to find out what all that really means.

Thanks,
Caleb
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:02 pm

Yay an Ouya game!
Check out my games on Google Play:

BEAST ATTACK (960,000+ downloads!)

ZOMBIE BASH (Android) (Launched Feb 17)

ZOMBIE BASH (iOS) (Launched March 17)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:17 pm

part12studios wrote:awesome, I'm not at home with my Ouya, but do you have this as a trial, paid up front or totally free? I'm SUPER interested in knowing how to get IAP stuff to work with Ouya of course.

Mine is completely free - as far as I'm aware at the moment, there is no simple way to accept IAP with games made from Construct 2 on the OUYA, I may be wrong though.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:44 pm

@grimbarian yes I got to play it (and rate it 5 star). very cool! Yea I noticed it's free as well. Yea I'm not sure what it will take, but it seems that if CocoonJS has IAP and C2 has IAP stuff (from what I can tell C2's is pretty generic, so it seems like it can adapt to any platform) however having not even started on that aspect of things I have no idea how feasible it is.. I might need to reach out to Tim to see if he can help

btw, I was curious. I noticed in your joystick setup your analog responsed to on/off like conditions.. not "analog" which is cool, but I wondered if you did this for similar reasons I'm coming too in my experiments..

I'm working on my "controller quest" utility/game which is one i'm trying to incorporate a "donate" button to use it as a quick control tester utility to launch something aside from Bee Active and test out IAP stuff http://part12studios.com/temp/ControllerTest2/

I can't seem to effectively simulate the analog value in real-time to create a 1 to 1 movement on the screen with what the analog joysticks are doing.. here is the thread making-hud-analog-joystick-that-lines-up-with-gamepad_t111060

Dpad and buttons are fine, but it really comes down to me not understanding how to work with the analog values 1 to - 1 effectively. it almost seems like there is no way to get those values in a way that can let the realtime degrees effect gameplay.. but this of course doesn't sound right at all so I'm clearly in space I don't fully grasp yet.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:13 am

@part12studios - yeah, my joystick setting is on a 'digital' or on/off setup because I too didn't know how to correctly do it in a true analogue style for the OUYA (or at all in fact).

I'll be following your thread with interest to see what comes out of it.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations