My C2 game "Bee Active" is live on Ouya!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:01 pm

@grimbarian awesome thanks for confirming your experience as well. I probably will reach out to @ashley to see if I'm missing something but first I want to re-read the manual to be sure I'm not overlooking something myself. I'll definitely be sure that thread provides some kind of conclusive state of things with analog joystick stuff.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:58 am

@grimbarian the plot thickens with the controller.. i'm close to having it work viewtopic.php?f=147&t=111060 but i'm stuck on the issue of how do I only listen to one value in a formula screen when I'm given a value like (0,0) because that's how the raw X and Y data comes.. but because I seem to only catch the X value (first 0 of 0,0) the joystick moves diagonally
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Great! I am eager to read your tutorial.
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm happy to report the full analog thing is going well.. all I have left to figure out is the trigger analog values.. and how to capture / represent them visually..

I'm trying to figure out "all things console" with C2 / Ouya so I can make a really comprehensive tutorial... hopefully I don't hit a wall before accomplishing these remaining goals:

1. getting full mapping for controls working

2. figuring out how to do IAP through CocoonJS for Ouya.

thread can be found here https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111060
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:03 am

behold! We have full analog mapage.. http://part12studios.com/temp/ControllerTest7/ @grimbarian it's working very well now.

keep in mind this mapping is for an xbox controller, but really its all the same, you just have to figure out which buttons fire off for which event..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:08 am

That's awesome @part12studios - top work!

Are you sharing the .capx at all with your work? It would certainly help me and other dev's on here that are targeting the OUYA.

Well done again! Looking forward to the full tutorial.
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:00 pm

I played it yesterday.. Good game..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:15 pm

@kazaamafia thanks! I plan on doing an update for it, but all my Ouya time has been spent figuring out IAP stuff. CocoonJS might not be good for Ouya/IAP.. but fine if you want to make a 100% free game. There is another solution though that might take awhile to make, will insure C2 devs can make games for the Ouya for sure. A solution provided by a developer at Ouya, so this is going to be exciting. Nothing will happen though till September due to other current priorities on the devs plate.

Thanks!
Caleb
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:24 pm

also for anyone wanting to know more about the controller stuff, i have resources on it over on this thread making-hud-analog-joystick-that-lines-up-with-gamepad_t111060?start=20 it hasn't been perfected yet, but it should still be a helpful starting point. I plan on doing more on it, I've just had to divide my time and I'm more interested in IAP options because I'm not interested in making more free games for the Ouya without some monetization in there.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:34 pm

part12studios wrote:@kazaamafia thanks! I plan on doing an update for it, but all my Ouya time has been spent figuring out IAP stuff. CocoonJS might not be good for Ouya/IAP.. but fine if you want to make a 100% free game. There is another solution though that might take awhile to make, will insure C2 devs can make games for the Ouya for sure. A solution provided by a developer at Ouya, so this is going to be exciting. Nothing will happen though till September due to other current priorities on the devs plate.

Thanks!
Caleb

That's fine, because I don't plan on releasing my game for Ouya until late September anyway.. I've already have most of my game ready for the Ouya.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations