My experience with CocoonJS and Ejecta

0 favourites
  • I have published 6 games to ITunes/PlayStore, using CocoonJS (version 1.4.7), ads works fine, GameCenter works fine. Now Ludei removed 1.4.7. So I tried 2.0.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2. no ads no gamecenter.

Then I tried Ejacta, one game worked fine (ads and gamcenter),

the next, " xcode memory pressure exception".... the game is only 6mb (zipped)

The next game, black screen.

Phonegap and AppMobi is too slow for the games, so I didn't try them.

Is it just me? Is anyone else finding publishing to mobile such a mission?

• It's not just you.

There's a lot of problems with CJS AND Ejecta. Only Intel XDK is decent but only the Android Crosswalk.

• JACLEMGO Did you test exporting games to ejecta with js minified disabled ?

I had a black screen issue and it's working fine now after disabling minify at export.

• beufreecasse, yeah, tried that also, no luck.

Think Im just going to stick with unity. Hopefully with WebGl coming soon, we will be able to create html5 games with unity.

BTW, has anyone tried the open source CJS? If so, how to you compile a xcode project without using the cloud compiler?

• Its not just you, I stumbled on this problems lately and many peeps too

problaby considering checkin Unity too until it gets better..

• , unity is great for mobile, desktop, but html5 (webgl) is not added yet. Thats the only reason why Im still using C2.

• Same problem with Cocoon and ads here. Everything else seems to work okay with CocoonJS 2.0.2, but the ads (Admob/Mopub) are not served properly - sometimes ads from the mopub-Marketplace appear, but Admob does not work at all. I tried loads of different settings and I am somehow relieved that I am not the only one with these problems, nearly went nuts with the whole thing. I hope this will be improved soon.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ads do not work anymore for me either and WebView+ doesn't work.

• Coconjs recent c2 plugin from github has a "typo" bug which does runtime error when showing FS ads. After fixing the bug, ads worked fine for me on Android. I'll report back about iOS soon.

• Alright, I have checked the 2.0.2 iOS version with the fixed plugin and both banner and full screen ads show fine for me.

You'll need a fresh ludei plugin from github: https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin

I've described the fix in one of the issues here:

https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin/issues/27

You'll need to find this line in runtime.js:

preloadingFullscreen = false;[/code:1anhgjjk]

And simply remove it.

Also note that there are some files in the github distrib which should go to the folder other than plugin folder!

Regards.
  • Also note that there are some files in the github distrib which should go to the folder other than plugin folder!

Hi suntemple what do you mean exactly?

I still have the construct2 errors when exporting or previewing project. Did you find a way to fix this issue?

• beufreecasse there is cocoonjs_prelude.js in github package which should go to some other construct 2 folder where the old cocoonjs_prelude.js is located.

• suntemple what do you mean exactly?

I still have the construct2 errors when exporting or previewing project. Did you find a way to fix this issue?

Make sure you aren't using the beta version of Construct 2. The Ludei plugin is only compatible with the stable version.

• Ok good to know!

Thank you

• Can someone please explain how the ad integration explained by suntemple works? I'm trying to get my game to work and it just can't seem to export with Ejecta + Admob + GAmecenter. Ugh... and Phonegap's performance is terrible.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)