My Feature Requests

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hey all, I'm a fairly big newbie at Construct, but I have a few requests anyway. Just some ideas that I think would greatly improve the program. I'll do my best to do my research, and not post lots of already existing ideas. So, here goes.

1) An appearance category for the Box object (basically the same as with the Sprite object, with skew and invisible on startup)

2) An incremental save option for easier versioning. That is, appending a number to a save file, and every time you choose the "Save incremental" option, it saves another version with a higher number, e.g.

myproject_0001.cap

--->Incremental Save

saves as

myproject_0002.cap

At the same location.

3) Separating path histories. I'm not sure of the technical terms for all this, but when you go to save a file, you get taken to the last path you took a file from, e.g. importing a graphic or sound. I rarely, if ever, will have the desired .cap location at the same path as the last graphic/sound I imported. It would be good, then, to have individual path histories for different operations.

4) Runtime zooming. This may be already implemented, but for the life of me I can't find it. So I don't always have to see a 1:1 scale view of my layout. Would be handy with options like Show All, or Show Layout.

All for now but not forever.

• 4) Runtime zooming. This may be already implemented, but for the life of me I can't find it. So I don't always have to see a 1:1 scale view of my layout. Would be handy with options like Show All, or Show Layout.

System object, set layer zoom/set display zoom actions.

• i think you may have meant edittime zoom in construct. if so, this is also possible, though im not sure how to do it without my logitech mouse, which has a separate zoom wheel

• He said 'runtime zooming' .

• For anyone wondering how to do edit time zooming it is CTRL+mouse wheel. as for runtime its what Ashley said.

• He said 'runtime zooming' .

yeah, I know, but this part:

So I don't always have to see a 1:1 scale view of my layout. Would be handy with options like Show All, or Show Layout.[/code:1dqeqjhe]
    sounded like he might have just thought it was called runtime, but meant edittime
    or something

For anyone wondering how to do edit time zooming it is CTRL+mouse wheel. as for runtime its what Ashley said.

thanks aeal, I was wondering about that

• can we get an adittional keyboard shortcut for edit-time zooming?

notebooks do not have scroll wheels. Typical shortcut is ctrl-plus and ctrl-minus

• Yes, sorry, I meant edititime zooming, and thanks for telling me that. As I said, big newbie.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • can we get an adittional keyboard shortcut for edit-time zooming?

notebooks do not have scroll wheels. Typical shortcut is ctrl-plus and ctrl-minus

Agreed even though most note books have that scroll area on the side it would be nice to have the keyboard shortcut.

• I've been struggling to zoom lately on my laptop, good idea .

• 5) Would a thumbdrive, stand alone version be doable? I can run Construct off a thumbdrive but it's not incredibly stable. And of course it doesn't run on computers without the August 2008 DirectX update... Don't suppose there's any way around that?

• There's no way around the August 2008 update I'm afraid. What do you mean it's unstable when it's run from a thumb drive? Does it actually start up? If it crashes have you submitted a bug for that?

• It starts up fine, and with the latest build I haven't had any crashes.

6) A plugin for the GameJolt achievements system? I don't have the expertise, but it seems like it wouldn't be too hard. I don't know if you could do it with events, but I'd be glad for someone to prove me wrong.

EDIT: Don't worry, CROS already took care of this. Thanks CROS.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)