My First Construct Creation - Text2Speech

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:07 am

I know it doesn't sound interesting and original, since anyone could make it. This is my first time using construct, and it is VERY fun to use. I decided to make this as my first project in Construct. It helped me learn much about construct and it was simple to make, a great app to make for me since I am a beginner to construct. Doing part of the top down shooter tutorial helped me learn how to setup events, and thanks to Newt who helped me with my save/load problem :P

Anyways I made this because one, I like learning about software by just diving right in and experimenting. Also, for my pass time I loved playing with the text to speech software installed in computers already, access via control panel. Now that I got vista I have no idea where the Text 2 speech stuff is, so I made this software just so I can play with it :P

Anyways, you can save/load text files. And when you load text files, it will be added to a list, where you can select different loaded text files. You can even have the option to auto play when and item in the list is selected.

Screenie & Download:

Uninspiring Screen shot of it
Download
B
G

Post » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:25 pm

That's an awesome application. :D My first "game" was a picture with a Wave Horizontal effect :( , so every "First Construct Creation" looks great for me, but I'm sure that I'm not the only person, who likes your idea. You should continue using Construct and make better and better applications/games. :wink:
B
G

Post » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:48 pm

This is better than ReadPlease! Though its missing the faces to 'ouch' on.
B
S
G

Return to Your Creations