my first game - Cangaço

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 am

Hello everybody, okay?

My name is Filippi, I'm new here, I played my first game, and would like opnião you. The following link:

http://filippileonardo.com/2011/12/01/experience-game-with-html5/

This was just to learn and know the program, I hope I do a lot, and even make money from games. It is an area that I love!

If you know someone or know someone who wants to make a game, please show me, I need money to buy the paid version.

Thank you, good fun for everyone.filippileonardo2011-12-06 00:07:58
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:04 am

I like your button selection, too many people choose 'shift' as a primary key, which in windows turns on sticky keys.

I also like that your sprites have a fair amount of animation, especially for a first test game. The cow carcases as save points is also a nice touch.

If the object is to collect sheriff badges, perhaps have some way of keeping track of how many you've picked up/how many are left to collect in each level.

Perhaps some basic sound effects and a background tune...although sound doesn't always work the best in HTML5 games quite yet :)

Overall though, a solid first attempt.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:41 am

Agreed with Braxmule.
Nice and well-designed.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:18 am

Hey, nice game, specially for your first! The one suggestion I would make would be a crouch function on the down button: when I encountered the gunslingers I automatically went to crouch under their bullets and was kinda disappointed I couldn't do it. Maybe to make the gunslinger a little harder -- as crouch would make him a bit easy -- you could make it so he periodically crouches himself and fires, so you'd have to jump over his bullets.

Cheers,
Tiam

ps. definitely look into doing some sfx/background ambiance. I'm a sample based musician myself, and one of my best resources is a site called freesound.org. Lots of super high quality sounds, which can be used freely and even commercially as long as you give attribution to where you got them.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:43 am

Thank you people, I liked the suggestions are all written down!

What was the first game, it was just to know this great program, and test some things. So I do not care much about putting sounds, and other things. But I was very excited, you can let the next one will be bigger, and in more detail =)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 am

very nice for first...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi, very good ! the design is nice and well built. KEEP UP !! regards

Você é do Rio ? dá uma conferida no meu jogo , o t-droid bounce no Arcade.. grande abraço, parabéns ! quero jogar a continuação..

B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:47 pm

game is really nice!
how log did it took you to make it ?
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:07 am

to @sk1e

I worked for about 4 / 5 days, with all layout. Thank you for the compliments =)

to @cademonteiro

Muito obrigado amigo, eu moro em Natal, e você? Eu vi seu jogo, já tinha jogado antes, ficou muito bom. Tem outros seus?

Pode deixar que já tô pensando na continuação rsrsfilippileonardo2011-12-07 00:10:12
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:46 am

[QUOTE=filippileonardo] to @sk1e

I worked for about 4 / 5 days, with all layout. Thank you for the compliments =)

to @cademonteiro

Muito obrigado amigo, eu moro em Natal, e você? Eu vi seu jogo, já tinha jogado antes, ficou muito bom. Tem outros seus?

Pode deixar que já tô pensando na continuação rsrs[/QUOTE]

Finalmente mais brasileiros aqui em ? :D
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations