My first game using scirra

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Thu May 21, 2009 10:32 am

Hello, everyone,

This is my first post here, and first share.. So please excuse me if some of my first questions will seem to you guys a little too lame or to novice.

Anyways. Recently I've started learning the all mighty constructor :). And of course I'm doing a Ghost shooter tutorial (well it is more like my version of the game).. So far everything is clear to me, but I got in some predicament. I've learned that I can make my enemies shoot back at me.. But the problem is that my enemy during the agro time don't shoot at me the plasma bolts, like I do, but spray them more like a flame thrower :roll:.

So the question would be simple. How do I make gaps between shots longer?
Big thanks for the answers in advance.

p.s. I hope this place is not the wrong one to submit this kind of question...
B
G

Post » Thu May 21, 2009 10:50 am

Hey, not bad. I was playing it for about a minute before I realized it was based off of Ghost Shooter, so I give you two thumbs up! Congrats, you've managed to fool someone who's seen more Ghost Shooter redressings than you care to know about :D. (And yeah, that means I played it before I actually read your post :P)

[quote="exanju":1n26yx3l]p.s. I hope this place is not the wrong one to submit this kind of question...[/quote:1n26yx3l]

Do like so:

That will make the ships fire every half-second.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 21, 2009 11:57 am

Oooo... So I just use sub event... kekeke.. Thanks, deadeye! I owe you one :)
So I guess I'll just be going now and be learning about the explosions and stuff like that :D. Also, need to learn about meniu'ing, radar stuff, zooming, spawaning of stronger enemies, health counters.... :shock: ooo lots of stuff to learn...
B
G

Post » Fri May 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Yey... Me now knows, how to create a minimap :o

Man.. This is Constructor is real phun!!!
B
G

Post » Fri May 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Actually, Phun is phun...
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 23, 2009 3:08 am

[quote="exanju":pmysunab]This is Constructor[/quote:pmysunab]

THIS IS MADNESS! THIS, IS, CONSTRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCT!
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 23, 2009 7:39 am

Davioware: :lol:
deadeye: Yep, I know that one..

Ohkay.. This is the 1.5 version the ghost shooter tutorial that I've done.. Although I believe, that I went some way from it already. So I guess I'll call it a space shooter :roll:. And what I've done, is make one heck of a mess. So my most important question would be. Is there a way to optimize my 'code' :roll:? And well yes, I still don't get the idea, of how to use different event sheets :(
http://rapidshare.com/files/236227631/asteroids03d.cap

Anyway, I hope this one's is a bit more interesting then the last version.

P.s. explosion sprites are not mine, their rights belong to their rightful owners..
P.s.s. I found them on ghooghle :)
B
G

Post » Sat May 23, 2009 7:56 am

Don't worry, you learn as you code, your project will be cleaner if you've learned anything from this one :P
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 24, 2009 2:40 am

Don't worry, first projects are never well organized. Just focus on learning everything you can, organization is not important at the beginner level.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 24, 2009 6:07 am

Nice, turrets are really cool and there is a feeling of big ship. Althought game is hard as Megaman 1
B
G

Next

Return to Your tutorials & example files