My First iOS Game on appstore thanks Construct2 and ASHLEY

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi,

i would like to announce that my first iOs game is published on appstore

iam very happy because construct 2 (and ejecta) help me a lot ...

thanks to all members in this forum to help me SPECIALLY ASHLEY (for his ejecta memory management and others gold tips) and APHRODITE (for her every tick -5*60*dt) lol

i think that my game is playable but i still need some fix about :

-bad performance in iphone 4 (some attention to modify -5*60*dt on every tick set x to)

-add facebook and twitter share score

-add rate button

-other minor fix on code script may optimise performance

any suggest from you about these point / Or suggestion about game (add/modify graphic, sound, gameplay) are welcome

here it is itunes.apple.com/us/app/flappy-doodle-bird/id876215590

• I Matrixreal your game is really smooth and playable...

but I want to know more about

" everytick -5*60*dt"

please explain....

thank's

Pino

• I Matrixreal your game is really smooth and playable...

but I want to know more about

" everytick -5*60*dt"

please explain....

thank's

Pino

you sure that my game is playable on iphone 4 ?

i will release new version will more and best performance ...

about every tick

for example

if you want like my game , the pipie moving on every tick (set pipe.X-5) you replace it by (set pipe.X-5*60*dt)

other trick to get maximum performance is to destroy object outside layout (that preserve some memory) and to check collisions enable only if is near player for example (if x of pipe equal or less than player.X+2)

dont forget to animation ... set animation to play from begining only if its on screen (that optimise much of performance in my case)

and the final trick is to do what ashley and aphrodite say ... memory magement of ejecta and (set to transparent of layer, sampling to point, clear background to no and PIXEL ROUNDING TO ON)

all that testing performance take me time of 5 days and here is final what i can do

thanks

• Many thank's

these are all good tricks to improve performance!!!

I forgot to write that I have tested your video games on an iphone 5c

I'm also about to finish a game but I'm stuck on the implementation of the IAP (iOS) and GameCenter...

I had planned to use the plugin cocoonjs .... but i see that you used on your game Ejecta plugin,

what do you think about these two plungins? What would you advise me to use?

on Ejecta I will able to implement IAP (iOS and Android)?

thank's in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good Job!

• Congratulations!

• thanks to ChrisAlgoo Ldk

mollaq

i dont know what is IAP ??? lol

ejecta is simple but not powerful and limited (except if you know how to modify on index.js and modify library and plugin)

cocconjs is more powerfull and improved nut complicated for me

like you see, in my game , game center and iad work good ... no ? what is your report ?

about 5c , yes on 4s,5,5s game is runing good

but on iphone 4, the performance is average , specially you enter on special lever (try to get score more than 30 and you will see and understand) but only on iphone 4

on 3gs and 3g (i have not tested) and i dont want to test because iam sure that will be catastroph

• IAP is In-App purchase (pay to un-lock premium features on the game).

I know that with CocoonJS plugin there is this function but I don't have idea if on the Ejecta plugin there is too....

• nice, congratz!, tested on my ip4 seems to run well, the problem i get is that when i get close to the tubes the game sort of micro-freezes for a moment, i think this could be because of your player near tube collision check?

i wanted to ask you what layout resolution and if you are upscaling sprites to keep the game memory footprint low

• nice, congratz!, tested on my ip4 seems to run well, the problem i get is that when i get close to the tubes the game sort of micro-freezes for a moment, i think this could be because of your player near tube collision check?

i wanted to ask you what layout resolution and if you are upscaling sprites to keep the game memory footprint low

hi

thanks for report

size was big problem for me

i dont understand them at all and take me a lot of time

what i use is ... that my game is based on 640,1136 (iphone 5) and i centrate it .... and use scale inner

so when it run on 640,1136 .... it run normal

when its on 640,940 it run with little top and bottom removed (but i ajust them on 640,1136) so that seem to display good on both

• hi

thanks for report

size was big problem for me

i dont understand them at all and take me a lot of time

what i use is ... that my game is based on 640,1136 (iphone 5) and i centrate it .... and use scale inner

so when it run on 640,1136 .... it run normal

when its on 640,940 it run with little top and bottom removed (but i ajust them on 640,1136) so that seem to display good on both

forgot to say that i liked the mortal kombat bit dont know if any legal problems arise from there.

thanks for the input, i made the mistake of working at full HD for the art (1920x1080) and now im in quite a performance pickle in ip4, not only because of the memory wasted on images, but the aspect ratio which is 1.5 and not 1.77, im going to take another look at the video from ArcadEd for support on multiple screens.

• >

> hi

> thanks for report

>

> size was big problem for me

>

> i dont understand them at all and take me a lot of time

>

> what i use is ... that my game is based on 640,1136 (iphone 5) and i centrate it .... and use scale inner

> so when it run on 640,1136 .... it run normal

> when its on 640,940 it run with little top and bottom removed (but i ajust them on 640,1136) so that seem to display good on both

>

forgot to say that i liked the mortal kombat bit dont know if any legal problems arise from there.

thanks for the input, i made the mistake of working at full HD for the art (1920x1080) and now im in quite a performance pickle in ip4, not only because of the memory wasted on images, but the aspect ratio which is 1.5 and not 1.77, im going to take another look at the video from ArcadEd for support on multiple screens.

i dont know how to check the memory ration ?

and can you give me link to ArcadEd video about memory sizing multiple ?

and soon update will be released for fix performance on iphone 4 (its seem that now it work quicker than before)

• i dont know how to check the memory ration ?

and can you give me link to ArcadEd video about memory sizing multiple ?

and soon update will be released for fix performance on iphone 4 (its seem that now it work quicker than before)

memory ration? i think you missunderstood, i meant aspect ratio (width / height), 1920x1080 is 1.77 aspect ratio, and ip4 is 960x640 meaning 1.5 aspect ratio, so my game was getting a weird blank zone in the bottom while testing it with cocoonjs, because of this.

the multiple resolutions support from ArcadEd is rather a very good aproach, have not tested yet to see if performance can be boosted with this.

the youtube video is here:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

hope it helps and looking forward to the update.

• mmm ok

try to do what i say

make your game at 640,1136 and centrate it

use scale inner

and will be ok for all resolution

• I tested your game on my good old ipad 2. It has a few slowdowns, when there are many objects on screen, but it's very playable!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)