My Freelancing Experience

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:40 am

@rosareven Thank you! I'd love you to share it :D
slap it onto the flappy bird template...
bang it on google play with all the other shovelware...
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:50 pm

@Wrangler
Hi; I can't say I enjoyed reading this one; as I know how much that job meant to you.. It must be disheartening, I'm sorry you didn't get the work.
I love your work, and hope soon you get the break you deserve..
please keep writing your experiences
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:05 pm

@mineet
Hey, thanks for the kind words :) it does suck but I want people to be able to learn from my experiences. It was very disheartening, but the only cure is to keep going!
slap it onto the flappy bird template...
bang it on google play with all the other shovelware...
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:36 am

@Wrangler, I second mineet. Your willingness to share your own experiences and perseverance will encourage others who face the same challenges (which really, is virtually every indie artist) and let them know they aren't alone. Thanks for being there!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:22 am

I always love reading about experiences that are just brutally honest about the reality. Knowing that early will save the wannabe-freelance a lot of surprises, for when they want to do the same, they know what's going to be ahead of them.

Some outsiders may call that discouraging, and that's where the question of personal passion comes in. There are people like me who don't bode well with the standard employer-employee structure and work much better off self-employed. Reading honest experiences help us to predict what we have to do to get there.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic