My Game Doesn't Appear to Display at All

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • My new game, Avoidance, here:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/shooting-games/avoidance-23253

I just get a black screen. Occasionally it tells me to click to re-focus, but I never see anything more than a black screen. I tried re-uploading, to no avail.

I don't know if I did something wrong, or something else. Oh, and I cleared cache and stuff.

• Okay, I got it to appear now. I think the issue was that maybe I didn't save the zip file to an empty folder.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • UPDATE: I have constant issues with getting my games to appear, to the point that when I get a game to appear visible and playable, I fear updating it, because I don't want it to disappear on me.

For my game Avoidance, it took me 7 attempts to get it work and show up. Then, I when I made a simple update of the player acceleration / deceleration, it took me three new attempts (trying different scaling) to get the game to appear. I was trying to make the game expand to full-screen, but I ended up going back to "letterbox integer scale" as that's the only option that resulted in ANYTHING showing up.

For my last game, Mortal Combat, it showed up and worked from the get go. But, I just made a couple minor tweaks (nothing that would affect an update showing up or not) to the health bar, and now the new version doesn't show up.

I'm lost. Please help.

• For my last game, Mortal Combat, it showed up and worked from the get go. But, I just made a couple minor tweaks (nothing that would affect an update showing up or not) to the health bar, and now the new version doesn't show up.

Update on Mortal Combat:

I took the exact same project that didn't upload correctly (after those minor tweaks). With the exact same project, I exported again. Re-uploaded and this time it worked. I changed nothing. This is what boggles my mind. I'm glad I got it to work, but I didn't do anything different.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)