my game is ruined

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:10 pm

I guess you learned the hard way about the importance of backups, especially when using a beta product. I know it sucks, and I do feel your pain because I've lost stuff too.

But... when I'm working on things now I make VERY frequent backups. This Cursed Rock had almost 100 backups. Platform School currently has 50. It might seem like overkill, but if I lose any work then I only have to go back a couple of hours, rather than start all over again.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:11 pm

If there is nothing that can be done, then there is no use in me sharing the code, I guess.
B
G

Post » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:20 pm

[quote="MechaBowser":15eeab0i]If there is nothing that can be done, then there is no use in me sharing the code, I guess.[/quote:15eeab0i]

If you are worried about anyone pinching your code, then don't... nobody here is like that. We are here to help, but in this instance there's probably nothing that can be done. Sorry mate :(

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:53 pm

For further references, I found out why it happens.

The undo/redo buttons are messed up and cause this behavior.
B
G

Post » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Sorry about the loss, I'm sure you put a lot of hard work into it.

However, look at the bright side! You've learned to backup each version (which is a standard practice in any software development) and your new project will go much smoother, because you know how to do things that you've had trouble setting up.

Look at it as an experience ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm sorry this happened, but Construct is beta software, and so long as it is, we can't really guarantee it's not going to explode. This can even happen in other mature software releases as well, so I guess you learnt the hard way, to make backups, and not to assume that any backups are done for you. Sorry.

Still, all such cases should be reported on the tracker - if you find something you undo and redo and it screws up the cap, obviously that's something we desparately want to fix so it doesn't affect anyone else - a good bug report with reproduction steps will help there.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:33 pm

The bug's fixed in the next build. May noone ever lose work again :).
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic