I've been playing with C2 for the past week or so. I was very impressed with this environment and in a day or two I'll purchase my license.
I was able to create cool mechanisms, game ideas and other interesting thing to play with.
If this environment keep growing, keep adding new things and feature I see bright future for C2.
I've compiles a short list of things I wish to see happening, minor things I wish to see fix and in general some minor edges I think should be polished.
If some of the points I'm mentioning were mentioned before, simply skip them. So here goes my initial 1.5 cents:
- Zorder in Editor - Currently one can only move to top/bottom. It would be great to have forward/back which will allow steps
- PickTop - it would be great to be able to pick only the top object from a selected bunch of objects
- In some intro text I saw "small company who enjoys...". English is not my main language (as you probably figured it out) but shouldn't it be "which" instead of "who"?
- Object resize handles - Resizing the width of an object in the editor shows the wrong arrow handles
- Resizing several objects at once - In Editor
- Align/Distribute objects in Editor
- Refresh options for a sprite - Seldom I find myself changing a sprite image/file and than have to find the sprite specific frame and upload the image again. A simple "refresh graphics" option will make life better
- Setting the default browser from within C2. My default browser is IE (here, I've said it :) and each time I'm creating a new project I have to change this field
- Same goes with resolution. It would be nice to set these as default from within C2. These changes will save time and annoyance dedicated to this ceremony
- Too many clicks in Image Edit - When I'm editing a sprite I encounter too many clicks when pressing one of the 3 windows. When I'm in the main window and press a single frame in the frames window the first click doesn't do much beside change the focus to that window. The second click will pick the right frame
- Scrolling doesn't work well when moving one frame of a sprite to the top of the list. This force the user to drag/drop, scroll, drag/drop, scroll, etc.
- Timer Object - This will be cool. Timer object will have the time, how many repeats, inner counter and a small event sheet of code to carry out
- Text/Vars object - The Var and text displayed are linked. No need to add the same code each time. Simply name the object and it will store the text as Var and show the stored Var. This object would help debugging
- Some windows don't allow changing the size of thumbnails
I think I covered it for now.
Hope It's not too much for a first message :)
Keep up the great work!