My Impression + My 2c about C2

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Thans cesisco, I'll give it a try.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:31 pm

A point about the too many clicks : That's because the image editor uses separate windows so every time you have to click on them two times to regain focus. Imo it should all be put in a single window. Like it was in Classic. In fact the way it was in Classic was almost perfect. Another thing i'm missing is the ability to copy frames between animations.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm sure it's an easy fix. One can check the mouse position and simply grant the focus to the window currently under the mouse.

I'm sure it will be fixed but I'm also sure this minute fix was added to a very long small changes list.

Since you've mentioned the frames window I'll mention another cool thing I think should be introduced: a save/load of objects.
Imagine after creating a cool sprite with all the frames and points you simply save it to your directory for use in other projects or even to share with friends. This will allow a creation of ready-to-use objects.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Yes yes. Now that you mentioned it : Two buttons: 'export animations in separate images', with each animation in its folder and another button 'export animations as spritesheet' , either with one sprite sheet for each animation or everything into one big sprite sheet. Then when working on another project or even another engine just import the sheet.
About the windows, yes, auto-focusing is a solution, but imo integrating everything, if possible, would be better.Kiyoshi2011-12-02 22:55:25
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General