My new game "The Myth Of Dazel"

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:12 am

Hi all,

Let me introduce you my second game with Contruct 2. It is called "The Myth of Dazel". This will be the thread dedicated to the game. I will put all the updates concerning the game here. I've been working on this for 2 months now and I wanted to do something different from "This is Cute!" and also stop working on "This is Cute 2!".

Here is the link to play it:
Play the game here

Here are some screenshots:

The game design and especially the characters in the game are all from "The Legend of Zelda". Even if I changed the names of the Characters. I didn't want to create a "Legend of Zelda" game. I didn't want to use that name (it's Nintendo property). Therefore, I changed the name a little.

Instead of:
"The Legend of Zelda", I chose,
"The myth of Dazel".
You can notice that Dazel is Zelda but backward and a Myth is just a synonym to the word Legend.

Same things for the main character.
It's obviously Link, but I decided to call him Kinle (I added an "e" at the end)

I used the free edition of Construct2, therefore with the events limitation, I was not able to do some stuff and the game is unfortunately still buggy. I really apologize for that.

Please, feel free to leave me any kind of comment about the game ( graphics, music, gameplay, etc.). I'm still working on this game. I'm trying to improve it knowing the events limitation.anthonykojima2012-09-07 23:23:09
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:49 am

That was pretty fun to play!

I'll be honest with you, when I saw the screenshots I thought, ok a zelda fan game. But when I started playing, it felt nothing like playing zelda (maybe zelda2 but more than), the metal gear solid warning before they shoot is really well done. Kind of made me laugh.

The animations arent great but the gameplay was fun. The transition from boy to adult was very unexpected and kind of cool.

IMO you should replace your main hero with someone else, a pseudo Link perhaps.

ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 am

Nice game ! There is few animation bugs using arrow keys to move Link ;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:08 pm

ok first of all you should buy the paid version ^^ (try to go contests)

2nd things is , the game is really need alot of improvement , i know you can fix all of them but you don't have many events or something like that.. at least fix the animations.

for me i didn't complete the game because i didn't got the animations
a = change to mirror , left move the character,... stupid stuffs... you must at least make one comfortable keys for example arrows left,right,up,down,mouse without the WASD stuffs.. or the opposite.

last thing i want to say try to do my way for doing animations :
http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/351/platform-behaviors-animation
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:27 am

Thanks @GenkiGenka for your comment.

This game took me more time than I expected and I had a lot of problems with animation of the player. I 'll try to fix them all. The thing is, when you start having a lot of different animations for the player and if you don't pay attention, when one animation doesn't work correctly, it screws all the rest of the animation.

It cost me a lot of events!

To answer your last question, as I said in the This is Cute Thread, I'm really really bad at drawing sprite. In a nutshell, I don't know how to do it. Therefore, I prefer using sprites made by other people. I plan to write the credits of the game by the end of the week. I used a lot of different stuffs.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Ah! I cant believe you made the whole game in 100 events thats pretty impressive. Im sure you could do awesome things with the full version.

Thats fair enough with the graphics I understand. You should upload it to kongregate when your done!
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Really fun to play, you should learn to create your own sprites!

It's impressive that you done this game with the free edition, If I can, I will request to the Scirra/Construct Devs to put your game into a "What is possible to do with the FREE Edition?".

It would be awesome, but I think if you buy Construct2 you will do a lot of better games, for sure you know the mechanics of Construct2, so you only need no limits.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:21 am

@Sylvain

Thanks for your comment mec. I totally forgot to put the default Controls to "No". I fixed this. I also fixed a lot of different animations issues. I didn't know it will be this hard :(.

When you'll have time, please check out the new version of the game.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks @GenkiGenga,

I envy you sooo much because you created the sprites for your game "The Adventures of Froghead". Maan, do you know any good website where I can learn how to make sprites? I imagine it takes a lot of time to be able to make descent sprites.

I fixed a lot of different bugs by the way. Even if I'm sure there are some left. I also reduced the number of events used from 100 to 97. Yeah!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:31 am

@zsangerous,

Ha ha, thanks man. I uploaded a newer version of the game with a lot of animation bugs fixed. Believe, when your game has a lot of different animations, it becomes so difficult to make them work all together.

Anyway, for the Controls, it's because I forgot to put the Default Controls to "No". I really prefer the WASD Controls with the mouse than the Arrows Keys. I think it depends on the type of the game. If your game uses a lot the mouse, you should definitely use the WASD Controls over Arrows keys. It's not very convenient to play the mouse and the Arrows key because you body is not "centered" (if you see what I mean). It become kind of frustrating for the player.

Thanks again for your comment. I'm still working on the game. I'll fix other issues and add new levels.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations