My new game - with Chrome issues

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • well here is the game Marvin the Marble

The problem is that when i test it in the preview browser with Internet Explorer it works perfectly. I get 60FPS and sound works. When i copy it to my webserver no sound in Internet Explorer.

Now my problem gets worse with Chrome. I get sound but the FPS drop to 34.

I'm going through the code still, but nothing that would solve the problems.

• I just updated my video driver and made sure i'm using the latest of IE9 and Chrome. I still get the same results. I then found a benchmark test that mentions that chrome is really fast for 2dcanvas and doesn't even list IE9.

HTML5 Performance Benchmarks

I guess my question is why/how could IE9 be performing this much better then Chrome?

• Well I know why no audio with IE9, it only supports AAC and MP3 audio. I Used HTML5 Test to test my browsers and IE9 scored 138 and Chrome18 scored 400. This still doesn't tell me why chrome is running at half the speed of IE9.

• Well after some searching on google i found that the mime type for m4a audio was not setup on my webserver. I fixed that problem and now i have audio with IE9 working. Chrome FPS is now 43 after the change.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Rfisher, You should check through the blogs, Ashley has made a pretty detailed post about browsers - it might have saved you some trouble.

Not sure why IE9 would ever outperform Chrome. Very cool that you got audio to work in IE9 though.

• Audio definitely works in IE, just run it in IIS Express. Also, IE10 + Windows 8 has a new Javascript rendering engine that does outperform Chrome.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)