My new game - Zombie Typing Survivor

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:13 am

@anthonykojima There's lots of good tutorials online, I learned the most from these (More tutorials in his dA Profile). I'll be writing some tutorials for the tutorial section soon as well. Thank you for the nice comments.Rory2012-09-08 06:14:03
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:01 pm

@MWB,

Thanks for pointing that issue out. This is caused by the fact the font I used in the game is not installed in your computer. I used "Agency FB". I thought it was a window default font. So, the bug tells me it's not. It should be fixed now.

The space allowed for each letter was not wide enough. Therefore, these letters were hidden.

Could you let me know if you still have that problem. Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac or Linux computer to test it with. That's the kind of stuff I should also be aware of.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:48 pm

If it helps with any further troubleshooting and research regarding the font issue I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Typing of the dead (which I imagine you know about) has backgrounds behind words which make them easier to read and to tell apart as (I believe) they get brought to the front when you start typing them.
B

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Great game! I don't think I ever played a game like this before. The best part about it is that players can add their own difficulty level to the game if it becomes too easy, like maybe typing with their elbows or their left ear.

I tried tying with a shotgun... Not recommended. :(

B
S

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Reminds me a lot of Sega's "Typing of the Dead"

But hey, a good idea is a good idea regardless!

Note:

There is no indicator of how to get back to the main menu when you go to the "How to Play" section. I had to refresh the page to play the game. Might be something to think of fixing or at least add a text prompt "Press X to get back to menu" or something of the sort.EmperorIng3602012-09-08 20:13:37
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks @GenkiGenga, I appreciate your comment.

If you need any help, even if I'm not an expert, I would love to help you.
Considering the problem you encountered, it should be fixed. I added a small condition that will always check with the nearest zombie to the player. I've been doing a lot of small changes lately and the game is getting better ;).
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks @ramones for your feedback,

Guess what, your wishes will be executed. I've already added an option to mute the music. I'm currently trying to figure out a way of making the text more clear. Maybe different colors for words.

For the typing speed, I thought of that but, for me it was not very important for the game (the truth is: I don't know how to calculate the typing speed haa haa!). I could add that as an information when the player dies. I'll check on the Internet how to calculate that.

Anyway, your suggestions will be on the game tomorrow night at best ;). So, Stay tuned.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:06 pm

For the typing speed perhaps you could do for every "successful word" add 1 to a global variable and a "seconds spent during round" Global variable and have the text field set text to:

"successful words" divided by (seconds divided by 60(for minutes))
for Words per minute?

If the player fails before a minute has passed it doesn't work though.

I'm quite hungry and very tired at the moment so not sure that's even the correct way to do it, but eh.. I like to ramble. Probably an easier way to do it.
B

Post » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:03 am

Great start! This is a fun addition to the typing genre.

Like some others, I've had trouble reading the letters, as they're too small and blocky on my screen. Also, it's frustrating when a large word starts creeping in from the left-hand side of the screen, and you can't start typing until the whole word (i.e., the first letter) is visible.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:09 am

Its coming along great, liking the subtle changes.

I would defintaly be open to doing a little project with you in the future. You really need to get yourself a license! In fact, I'll pledge 20 dollars towards it if it would make things easier for you.

Consider it an investment :)

Edit: The zombie got through when I attempted to type definitely. (Twice)GenkiGenga2012-09-09 10:12:47
ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations