My odd turn-based idea w/superheroes

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:37 am

I say go for it. Scratch out each super hero and increase attributes with each new one? Will a player be limited to how many super heroes they can call upon, forcing them to drop or trade in to meet needs?
It would be kind of cool if one player builds up a hero, they could swap with other real players...maybe make a two for one trade ( of course, I'm getting a little ahead on this.)
Will certain areas or enemies have "kryptonite" to weaken a hero?
Will the main character begin to obtain several powers from each hero to be used once per battle, maybe making the character an ultimate hero?
Sorry about all the questions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:51 am

@staleevolution
Yep that's diving into the design more than I have done so far :D I didn't have anything that specific yet, only the generic tower defense elements. I would be making up my own superheroes though.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:51 am

Hey plinkie, this is the most perfect Superhero game ever made: http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/sca ... _force.jpg
It's by the creator's of Bioshock.

It uses an engine similar to the infinity back in the 90s with ACTIVE battle + Pause function. This allows for micro management.
If you ask me, that's the best way to implement a superhero game instead of turn-based.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:53 am

sounds to me like a FF where you can use only summons. You could make it more "action" rpg: instead of armourplate himself the player could have to avoid the baddies rays and stuff, that could be funnier maybe. Think turn based rpg are just adventure games where combats are solved as a separate minigames
anyway make sure that your powerful allies' interventions are spectacular enough (remember the summons!)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:52 pm

@megalocrator
yep some good ideas! Tbh it's turned more into a tower defense type game in my mind. That genre might work better with what I was trying to do, abilities on a timer, armour up the player while enemies get closer.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas