My ongoing list

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • Okay, I think the smartest thing would be to just create a thread where I'll just keep going posting feature requests and suggestions. So let's start:

1) Mute Events.

Very simple thing. What happens if this event isn't in there? Instead of deleting and undo'ing, it'd be cool if we could just 'mute' events, so they'd not be processed at runtime, but they'd still be in the event sheet.

That way, if I want to test out controls, I don't have to kill events or change their attributes all the time.

2) Controller Support.

This is basically the cornerstone of it all. Support for the X360 Controller and all it's functions would be great.

3) AVIs with Alpha Channel.

For great looking games. We could have avis with alpha channels in the foreground and in the background. Being able to render out videos with alpha channels and using them in the scenes would be really powerful.

4) Multi-Platform support.

Construct is DirectX, yeah, but ultimately, this'd be just frigging awesome. Being able to create a 2d game that you could then compile for multiple platforms would be the best thing ever.

5) In the Platform Controls, under Add / Edit Controls, it'd be nice being able to set the order of the controls. If I Have P1 and P2 Controls and wanna add another P1 control later on, I want to be able to put that control to the other P1 Controls - and not under the PS2 Controls.

• 1) Use Event Groups. You can toggle them in runtime.

• 1) Mute Events.

Very simple thing. What happens if this event isn't in there? Instead of deleting and undo'ing, it'd be cool if we could just 'mute' events, so they'd not be processed at runtime, but they'd still be in the event sheet.

I think you're talking about the 'toggle events' button, on the ribbon.

2) Controller Support.

This is basically the cornerstone of it all. Support for the X360 Controller and all it's functions would be great.

This could be done by any developer using our SDK. We're pretty loaded right now till after 1.0.

4) Multi-Platform support.

Construct is DirectX, yeah, but ultimately, this'd be just frigging awesome. Being able to create a 2d game that you could then compile for multiple platforms would be the best thing ever.

We have plans for this in Construct 2.0.

• 5) Ordering: In the Platform Controls, under Add / Edit Controls, it'd be nice being able to set the order of the controls. If I Have P1 and P2 Controls and wanna add another P1 control later on, I want to be able to put that control to the other P1 Controls - and not under the PS2 Controls.

Same thing with the project bar. I've got my game and the event sheets in there, but I can't re-order the sheets, which makes the whole thing a little jumbled.

Btw, ordering events also seems to be a little buggy right now. If I take multiple events and do a copy and paste or a cut and paste, Construct will simply crash.

(I'll keep the original post updated)

• 6) Being able to turn off the interpolation.

Say I'm doing Pixel Art and I want to add a HUD with a pixelated font - how do I turn off the Anti Aliasing Effect that Construct automatically adds on top of the text? I can't find anything and it looks really weird to have pixelated characters, environments, everything, but the text is round and smooth.

Same thing with the scaling of sprites. I definitely wanna be able to scale my sprites and keep them pixelated.

• Change the sampler setting in application settings .

• Oops, I definitely missed that one

7) It'd be cool if we could also toggle objects. Say, i have a couple of lights in my scene (or some blocks for that matter) and want to see how the game looks / feels like without them. Instead of deleting em, I wanna be able to temporarily hide / toggle them, just like the Events.

• You could just tick "Invisible on startup" in their properties, or enable the "Destroy on startup" attribute.

• 2) Controller Support.
    This is basically the cornerstone of it all. Support for the X360 Controller and all it's functions would be great.[/code:1k9cbxg2]

Why X360 Controller? and not "any controller"?
    i'm sick of all that game's i can't play becouse i don't have "original microsoft xbox 360 controller" what's wrong with you people? microsoft sticker on a controller doesn't make it best in the world
  • X360 controller is for X360 games. Construct doesn't do those yet, I believe.

Instead, I think a generic controller plugin would be nice... for all brands, not just a specific one. But that is trivial feature that only a minority of Construct users would use.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Relax, dude. I just said x360 controller, cause it's a pretty cool PC Controller. Of course every USB Controller should work and not _just_ the 360 thingy. But the 360 controller is a pretty nifty PC controller.

Let's keep going with the list;

In the project list, why am I not simply able to right-click an event and delete it? I can right click layouts and delete the layouts, but I can't delete events here. Yikes. Why do I have to go to the event sheet manager for that?

• In the project list, why am I not simply able to right-click an event and delete it? I can right click layouts and delete the layouts, but I can't delete events here. Yikes. Why do I have to go to the event sheet manager for that?

This does seem a rather peculiar omission now that you mention it. I'd never really paid it much heed before now. Hmmm. Perhaps the interface needs going over looking for similar inconsistencies...

• Hmm, I guess the initial reason was that deleting event sheets isn't a simple operation (they may be included or linked to layouts), but I guess it could be added with some messagebox prompts.

• i'm relax, it's just...some time ago i bought racedriver: grid for my younger brother, and of course playing on keyboard was imposible, so he connect his joypad and...nothing - i checked the box again (was written that the game can use controllers) and after about 2 hours i found in the manual on dvd that yes, game can use controllers but only from thrustmaster or microsoft!!!

and it was not only one game i bought....

so, if some game developers think that i will buy x360 controller to play their game well...fkqw@#k you

• Maybe I'm simply missing it, but:

9) In the Picture Editor, is there really no hotkey so that I can scrub through the animation of the sprite? I'd need two things:

a) Playback based on the projects fps and the fps for this animation - so that I can check directly in the picture editor how it'd look during runtime. My suggested hotkey: Space (and space to stop the animation again)

b) Scrub Hotkey so that I can play through the animation phases one by one, forwards and backwards. My suggestion would be to set the scrubbing to left and right arrow and put the hotspot nudging to ctrl + whatever arrow. Cause scrubbing through animations is the most vital thing ever and nudging comes second.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)