My ongoing list

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Relax, dude. I just said x360 controller, cause it's a pretty cool PC Controller. Of course every USB Controller should work and not _just_ the 360 thingy. But the 360 controller is a pretty nifty PC controller.

Let's keep going with the list;

8) In the project list, why am I not simply able to right-click an event and delete it? I can right click layouts and delete the layouts, but I can't delete events here. Yikes. Why do I have to go to the event sheet manager for that?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:43 pm

[quote="thomasmahler":2nhqp2z3]In the project list, why am I not simply able to right-click an event and delete it? I can right click layouts and delete the layouts, but I can't delete events here. Yikes. Why do I have to go to the event sheet manager for that?[/quote:2nhqp2z3]
This does seem a rather peculiar omission now that you mention it. I'd never really paid it much heed before now. Hmmm. Perhaps the interface needs going over looking for similar inconsistencies...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Hmm, I guess the initial reason was that deleting event sheets isn't a simple operation (they may be included or linked to layouts), but I guess it could be added with some messagebox prompts.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:57 pm

i'm relax, it's just...some time ago i bought racedriver: grid for my younger brother, and of course playing on keyboard was imposible, so he connect his joypad and...nothing - i checked the box again (was written that the game can use controllers) and after about 2 hours i found in the manual on dvd that yes, game can use controllers but only from thrustmaster or microsoft!!!
and it was not only one game i bought....

so, if some game developers think that i will buy x360 controller to play their game well...f@#k you :twisted:
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Maybe I'm simply missing it, but:

9) In the Picture Editor, is there really no hotkey so that I can scrub through the animation of the sprite? I'd need two things:

a) Playback based on the projects fps and the fps for this animation - so that I can check directly in the picture editor how it'd look during runtime. My suggested hotkey: Space (and space to stop the animation again)

b) Scrub Hotkey so that I can play through the animation phases one by one, forwards and backwards. My suggestion would be to set the scrubbing to left and right arrow and put the hotspot nudging to ctrl + whatever arrow. Cause scrubbing through animations is the most vital thing ever and nudging comes second.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:07 pm

10) PSD Support. Characters can have lots of animation phases. If we could just setup the .psd, so that every animation phase is in it's own layer, we'd save tons of time.

Implementation suggestion: RMB a frame in the animation and 'Insert PSD Sequence' - Construct would then import all the layers all by itself.

That would save us all a LOT of hassle with defining animations by going to the picture editor for every frame, opening the image, etc.

Also: Drag 'n Drop support would be awesome. Drag a png from the explorer directly to the frame you want to put it on - boom, done.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:47 pm

11) Just a UI Continuity thing: If we press MMB on a tab, the tab should close. That's pretty much what ever software using tabs does, its easier than finding the 'x' button or pressing rmb and clicking on close.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:02 pm

12) It'd be cool if we could set the runtime to run at a zoom level that we could set.

Say, we create a game for 720p (1280x720) and set the runtime zoom level to 50%: The runtime preview would be displayed at 640x360.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:33 am

[quote="thomasmahler":1oyyq236]12) It'd be cool if we could set the runtime to run at a zoom level that we could set.

Say, we create a game for 720p (1280x720) and set the runtime zoom level to 50%: The runtime preview would be displayed at 640x360.[/quote:1oyyq236]

You already can do that. "Set display resolution" and "Set zoom" in the System actions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:24 pm

[quote="Rich":rahurte9]We have plans for this in Construct 2.0.[/quote:rahurte9]

Just out of curiosity: How high is the chance that we'll be able to compile for the 360? Microsoft is doing a lot for indie development right now with Xbox Live Arcade and the Community Games (http://creators.xna.com/en-us/XboxLIVECommunityGames) - so it'd certainly be great if Construct could be one of the main development tools for that area aside from XNA.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion