My ongoing list

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:37 pm

Run layout in the project tab?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:40 pm

20) Would it be possible to add more control to some behaviors? Like, I have a big Sun-like object in the background and would love to give it some motion so that it's not just stuck up there. So I thought I"d give it a very slight rotate (behavior), but even at Speed: 1 it's too fast to be believable. It should be something like .3 or so.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:42 pm

[quote="Rich":2efvh7dl]Run layout in the project tab?[/quote:2efvh7dl]

Yeah, that works, but only if I have Construct running and only if I have the cap and all the resources. Now, what if I have to send the exe to someone else to test it? If I export to exe, there's no way of specifying what events it'll run, so I'd have to change the project itself in order to export the exe with just the second level of the game.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:50 pm

21) Another thing that'd be really awesome to have:

Say I'm working on a 2d platformer and I have some layers with parallax scrolling to give the game more depth. So I also want to put a couple of bigger trees in the foreground. When I move the character directly behind those trees, I can't see the character anymore - so that's the problem.

Say, one of the sceneries is that the character runs through woods and is being attacked by enemies. It'd be really cool if we could have an effect or whatever where the engine would detect this event like:

"if sprite is covered up by something else, start drawing an outline that's visible through everything"

That should work for whatever sprites we throw this effect on - it should draw the outline on the topmost layer, so that you always see what's going on, even if you're completely hidden behind an object. Otherwise, we'd have to completely get rid of foreground objects that could potentially hide the player or enemies, which would kinda suck.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:12 pm

22) Option to include objects set to 'global' when I only run the layout.

Say I only want to use one audio object and only one keyboard object - If I then 'run layout' (to just test the second level), the objects that were used in a global way won't work anymore. The 'audio' object won't play music and the controls set for the keyboard object won't work. Yikes!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:15 pm

The rotate behavior's speed is a float, so you should be able to give it a decimal value.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:42 pm

[quote="Rich":10tukm6q]The rotate behavior's speed is a float, so you should be able to give it a decimal value.[/quote:10tukm6q]

If I set the speed to 0.3, the value automatically jumps to 0 and the object won't rotate at all. If I set it to 1 it rotates, but it's a tad too fast.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:47 pm

So set it with an event.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:48 pm

You're right, the code was defaulting it to an integer, it's been fixed for the next build.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:56 pm

[quote="thomasmahler":pjg6z8qd]22) Option to include objects set to 'global' when I only run the layout.

Say I only want to use one audio object and only one keyboard object - If I then 'run layout' (to just test the second level), the objects that were used in a global way won't work anymore. The 'audio' object won't play music and the controls set for the keyboard object won't work. Yikes![/quote:pjg6z8qd]

This is done for the next build (automatically).
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion