My own dedicated server for multiplayer?

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Is it will be possible to make a multiplayer (turn-based) game with client maded in C3 and server based on Photon or Node.js?
I ask this because Costruct Arcade servise are simple/easy but I don't see how I can monetise this.
Also dedicated server is good to prevent cheating.
B
16
S
3
G
1
Posts: 41
Reputation: 1,933

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:10 am

you can already do that on C2 so i think that yes, its possible.
Image

Image
B
39
S
14
G
7
Posts: 408
Reputation: 8,363

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:28 pm

IJCT wrote:you can already do that on C2 so i think that yes, its possible.


Did you have any experience with this?
B
16
S
3
G
1
Posts: 41
Reputation: 1,933

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:06 pm

I run a suite of four dedicated servers performing various functions to support the C2 client right now. Feel free to PM questions.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
I don't check the forums much anymore, but I will receive an email for PMs.

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
23
S
6
G
1
Posts: 1,419
Reputation: 4,867

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:13 pm

I've made a NodeJS chat application using C2 and deployed it on Heroku : https://c2chat.herokuapp.com
Works well but if you want to make a complex multi-player game, then I recommend a service like Photon instead because it already has a lot of features that you will need like rooms for example.
Banned User
B
17
S
8
G
24
Posts: 388
Reputation: 14,544

Post » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42 pm

gumshoe2029 wrote:I run a suite of four dedicated servers performing various functions to support the C2 client right now. Feel free to PM questions.

Thank you, will do
B
16
S
3
G
1
Posts: 41
Reputation: 1,933

Post » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:43 pm

X3M wrote:I've made a NodeJS chat application using C2 and deployed it on Heroku : https://c2chat.herokuapp.com
Works well but if you want to make a complex multi-player game, then I recommend a service like Photon instead because it already has a lot of features that you will need like rooms for example.

Thank you, need to read a bit more documentation
B
16
S
3
G
1
Posts: 41
Reputation: 1,933


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anonnymitet and 1 guest