My Sprite Animating Tool is now in Beta!

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi everyone,

After a year of hard work my Sprite Editing tool (for making modular sprite animations ala Vectorman, Alien Soldier and OdinSphere) is finally in beta.

If you're interrested, please visit www.brashmonkey.com to check out videos and download the beta.

I'd love your help finding any bugs and making feature requests.

thanks much.

BrashMonkey
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Looks awesome. Will download as soon as I get the chance.

Watching your videos about it now - i get the impression you are supposed to move objects using the keyboard. If that's the case, can I recommend you add handles for moving, rotating and scaling, so that editing can be done more visually?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:59 pm

I've been anxiously awaiting the release of this, thank you for all your hard work and effort, it's appreciated. :)

Now to see how it works...
B
G

Post » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:03 am

Seems to be a great tool ! I'll take a look at it .
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:34 am

[quote="GMG":emg8pzx4]Watching your videos about it now - i get the impression you are supposed to move objects using the keyboard. If that's the case, can I recommend you add handles for moving, rotating and scaling, so that editing can be done more visually?[/quote:emg8pzx4]

Hi GMG,

thanks for watching the vids. I do plan on eventually adding "handles" to a selected part for manipulating ivia the mouse, this feature is at the far back of the list though, behind any bug fixes and several highly important features like "scale entire project". I hope I get through the list quickly. ;)

The other critical issue is to get a plugin made for Construct to automatically support the data that my tool exports! Please help spread the work about this tools usefullness and maybe we can get a bid going to help give a good plug in coder the right incentive and ability to dedicate a long stretch of time to making such a sophisticated plug-in.

-BrashMonkey
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:34 am

This looks like pure awesome! Character mapping is an especially impressive feature. One question, though - can you have multiple character maps active at one time? For example, separate sets of swords, shields and armor.

But, in any case, I really want to see a Construct plugin for this tool made, as well! I hope you find a coder who's willing to do it!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:31 pm

@ Candescence

It would depend on the plug in, but thats the plan. (To support multiple Charactermaps at once) You'd have to be careful what order to apply the character maps in, so one wouldn't undo the effects of the other.

Please help spread the word to every game making and game artist forum you know of.. the more people talking about it the more likely support for the tool will appear for Construct AND all the other popular game authoring systems.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Sounds cool, but I would also advise making an export to image feature in the meantime, so the animations are at least usable even in programs that aren't integrated to it, and people would be a bit more motivated to spread the word and want plugins for their favourite game-making programs.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:54 pm

good suggestion Candescene,

After I'm sure all critical features are in and all critical bugs are taken care of, it will be the top priority.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:32 pm

This is amazing tool with incredible features!
I making a game with an exact gameplay as in "Odin Sphere" and "Muramasa The Demon Blade" (which Brashmonkey proclaimed as reference for this tool) and this utility will be finest help to make a serious indi-platformer. I used to make character animations in Anime Studio, but this tool will be more usefull because of it's unique features: "character maps, variables, export features, handy folder's structure and other.
It surely need some improvements, but it will be a Holiday of all holidays and a great gift for all Construct community when somebody make an import plugin for this programm.
B
G

Next

Return to Your Creations