My Sprite Animating Tool is now in Beta!

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:32 pm

This is amazing tool with incredible features!
I making a game with an exact gameplay as in "Odin Sphere" and "Muramasa The Demon Blade" (which Brashmonkey proclaimed as reference for this tool) and this utility will be finest help to make a serious indi-platformer. I used to make character animations in Anime Studio, but this tool will be more usefull because of it's unique features: "character maps, variables, export features, handy folder's structure and other.
It surely need some improvements, but it will be a Holiday of all holidays and a great gift for all Construct community when somebody make an import plugin for this programm.
B
G

Post » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words Inca. I'll keep improving the tool as much as possible... please join the forum at www.brashmonkey.com and post and feature request, suggestion, or bug that you find.

How about it, any construct extension programmer willing to take this on? Unfortunately I recently lost my day job, but I can definately work out at lease a little financial incentive for any skilled extension programmer who can get the plugin made properly.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm hoping this gets ported soon myself, but alas I have no knowledge of Visual C.
I was thinking it might help a bit if you could tell us all what would be needed to make a plug.
Like are you wanting the plug to import all data during runtime, or would it have all images imported as sprites beforehand?
I know the tool outputs everything to an xml, and images to a folder, but Construct is not set up to create completely new objects, so there has to be either a dummy to load to, or a way to simplify the rigging set up.
Not sure a plug can do that easily.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:07 pm

:roll: Very good! did not think that it is possible to Constructs, great!
B
G

Post » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:17 pm

@newt,

Although it would be awesome if the extension could load in and swap XML's at runtime, it would also be fine for most games if it could only do so within the construct frame editor.

So, the absolute necessities are:

1) it could load in the XML file that you assign it to.
2) It would either pre-load all the images from all the folders into its own data "bank" or be able to do so at load time of a frame. (both would be great, but if necessary the first option only)
3) You could assign a "character" from my tool's XML to a standart construct sprite. It would become a "child" of the construct sprite.. and copy its rotation, position, general opacity etc... In theory, the standard construct sprite would not only be used to control the "characters" basic stuff AND could be used as a basic full body collision (such as a rectangle for a platformer engine)
3) It would allow for changing and keeping track of the animation that is playing in the character.
4) It would keep track of that Characters variable and per frame variable changes
5) It would handle detection of colisions between colision rectangles between that character and any other character assigned to any other construct sprites.
6) it would also keep track of the XML's action points for such uses as spawing bulettes and anchoring other sprites at that actionpoints location.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 pm

The Spriter Beta's been updated to 0.6:

http://www.brashmonkey.com/
B
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations