MY SUGGESTIONS THREAD

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • When debuggung I have to keep restarting C2.

This is time consuming but need to reload the modified plugins.

When i export HTML5 file i am asked for a output folder. I set this.

BUT

after i restart C2, that folder location is reset to "....New Project\"

Is there anyway you guys can store the previous output location after shutdown and restart of C2??

• disable the popup notification after the export finishes or atleast give the option to do so

• If you test plugins have you seen Developer Preview Mode as described in the SDK documentation?

• when you go from one layout to another, the properties container should update to show properties for the currently selected object/instance in the current/new layout, not the previous layouts...to stop confusion.

Allow users to CREATE new 'group' folders within the "Object Type" folder. This will allow users to put for example all objects used ONLY in Layout1 to a new folder called "Layout1 Objects"

• when you go from one layout to another, the properties container should update to show properties for the currently selected object/instance in the current/new layout, not the previous layouts...to stop confusion.

It makes more sense that the last selected object is the one displayed in the properties.

When you switch tabs, you don't select a new object, so it make no sense to change the properties displayed.

Also it allows you to select an object, switch to an event sheet and have a look on some values or whatever, which is pretty practical.

Also you can already do new folders in the "object type" bar with the licensed version.

• Allow users to expand/shrink all sub events for top level events. to make it tidier.

All i set all sub events, i can hide/shrink them so the layout is less cluttered

• Allow users to expand/shrink all sub events for top level events. to make it tidier.

All i set all sub events, i can hide/shrink them so the layout is less cluttered

I think it's already on the todo list as this was proposed months ago already.

In the meantime, you can do that with groups. For organization, it helps a lot.

• Toggleable comments on the event sheet.

• Any way to create an "if ...then...else..." loop in terms of events

EVENT---> If Condition is true -----> action1

(subevent1) Else if condition false ----->action 2

(subevent2) Else if condition is NULL----->action 3

each subevent is ONLY called/executed if the previous or main event condition is NOT met.

that would be good. As at the mo i have this problem:

EVENT ----> if button clicked

(subevent) if logged =0 (action) logged=1, set Text2.text to "logged"

(subevent) if logged =1 (action) logged=0, set Text2.text to "Not logged"

Now when i press the button regardless of whether logged=1 or 0 it will set the Text2 text to "Not logged"

• Yes, because both subevents are consecutively true.

Consider logged = 0

Your first subevent happens and so sets logged to 1.

Than right away, you test if logged = 1. It is, since you changed it in the previous subevent.

So it switches back to 0.

What you need is to add a global and/or local variable.

You test it along the value of logged.

Something like :

Logged = 0

Var = 0

-> Set var = 1

-> Set logged = 1

Logged = 1

Var = 0

-> Set var = 1

-> Set logged = 0

This way, you are sure that if a subevent was already ran, the second won't be running as var won't be equal to 0.

You also have a conditionnal expression

On button clicked

-> set logged "logged=0?1:0"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If four sprite objects ALL use the same image, then why is the same image found duplicated 4 times in the images folder??

This is strange.

In normal html i can create many different divs or image elements which all use the same image from a single image file.

• rafhelp: If you use four different sprite objects, they'll use four different set of images.

So if you're reusing the same image, prefer using instances rather than making new sprites.

Take a really deep look at the manual. I think before suggesting things, you should learn to use the software the way it is intended to be used.

And once you'll do, you'll see it's pretty cleverly designed and covers most of what you need.

• I would find it useful to be able to use same image paths for different objects. Most of the time I would need this for spritefont plugin and when I anchor something to the left and a clone object to the right. I also often use invisible objects to control things and these are usually 32x32 red or black boxes. After I export I have lot of useless cpies of my images. With some effort I think I could manually change them in offline.appcache.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)