Since I'm the problem person back at TIG, I figured I'd join this thread instead of deadeye having to report back and forth.
Thanks for helping me out, deadeye. Your game (and The Lake too) really looks promising.
There are three games at TIG that use Construct. Neither of them work for me, they show the message deadeye transcribed. Here is a summary of things I did:
- Downloaded games from the TIG contest
- Tried to run them and got a message to update DirectX
- Updated DirectX with the November 2008 version
- Tried to run them and got that error message
- Ran the following tech demos successfully: Spaceship Demo, The Rain Demo, RTS Tech Demo, Ghost Shooter Demo, 3D Driving Tech Demo
- Just now, I decided to try games from other sources. I downloaded Dernier Cadeau and D.I.A. from the threads next door. Same error for both, except that on D.I.A the error only happened after I tried to start a game (I got to see the menu at least).
I don't think it's fullscreen, the Rain Demo works well in fullscreen. I even ended up downloading Construct. Construct looks neat, by the way. I might look into it deeper some time.
I thought it might be transition or something (since D.I.A. works up to the menu), but I made a little sample with transition and it worked ok (a side comment, liked how simple it was to make, though I had to look it up on the wiki). There's something in bigger games that smaller demos don't have that's crashing them for me...
I suppose I can try to play the games on another computer later, but I'm curious about this problem. I'll eventually stumble upon more games made using Construct and it would be a bit annoying not being able to play them on my computer.
Sorry for all the trouble.