My (very small) game, Feedback would be great! UPDATE!

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • TL/DR : New to construct 2, made a small game, would like feedback on how to polish/condense it.

Update

Thanks for the feedback, I have updated my little game with powerups & a better scoring system. I've also taken out the sprites I got from the internet, I wasn't happy using sprites Made by someone else, so I was going to make my own, but I'm quite happy with the simple block colors for now. Let me know what you think!

Now with sound!

Hello everyone,

I've been using Construct 2 on and off for a few months, and got back into it around a week ago, and have been playing around with it non stop since.

I usually make ~30% of a very small scale game, before thinking of something new and making that instead, and I really am just starting to get my feet wet, but I managed to make a complete, Bug-free (I think) game, and I would love some feedback on what I could improve.

It is a small, one level, top down game where you control an atom, dodging other atoms to gain points. there are two different enemies, and uh... well thats about it, but I think I can use this little game to help me refine my skills.

I have attached the capx, and I have tried to put comments on the even sheet that make as much sense as possible!

A massive thankyou to anyone who takes the time to give me some feedback

• Good job, the hardest thing in any development is just to finish something. I like the look, would be better with the sound files I'm sure. I'd probably like the score to go up faster, i.e. the longer you last rather than for each spawned enemy. Well done.

• Thanks, I know what you mean about finishing something, I get sidetracked so easily so just to make something simple in a complete game was a challenge did you take a look at the events by any chance?

• I did take a peek but I'll have a better look soon

• Nice little prototype. I think it's too small to worry about condensing events, & too early for polishing. Instead I think you should experiment with extra game mechanics, here's some ideas that sprang to mind while playing:

-it's kind of an arena shooter without the shooting (arena dodger?) so how about some of the tropes from those games like a countdown to announce the next wave, or indicator to telegraph where they will spawn.

-some kind of powerups: extra maneuverability, speed, shield recharge, bombs, decoys...

-it's an evasive game, so how about scoring based on near misses? if you pass within a certain range of an enemy maybe a power up bar increases.

• Good job, the hardest thing in any development is just to finish something. I like the look, would be better with the sound files I'm sure. I'd probably like the score to go up faster, i.e. the longer you last rather than for each spawned enemy. Well done.

I had a play with the scoring system, you now gain a couple points every second, but you can get bonus points by collecting pick-ups, killing enemies, and getting a kill combo by killing bombs when they are right next to each other. Thanks for the feedback

• Nice little prototype. I think it's too small to worry about condensing events, & too early for polishing. Instead I think you should experiment with extra game mechanics, here's some ideas that sprang to mind while playing:

-some kind of powerups: extra maneuverability, speed, shield recharge, bombs, decoys...

I likes that idea, and it was pretty easy to do, so thank-you

• I likes that idea, and it was pretty easy to do, so thank-you

Right, that is the problem. It doesnt keep track of your highest score. It would be cool if you can save it in the main page.

Congratulations in "finishing" your game. I have not managed to accomplish that yet haha.

The edge border looks really cool. Also, what would happen if a power up spawns a wall in the middle? (just wondering )

• The edge border looks really cool. Also, what would happen if a power up spawns a wall in the middle? (just wondering )

Well i guess I'm just gonna have to make a 1.2 version now...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> The edge border looks really cool. Also, what would happen if a power up spawns a wall in the middle? (just wondering )

>

Well i guess I'm just gonna have to make a 1.2 version now...

You should, I really like the game. I just sit in a corner and build my house surrounded by mines

• I likes that idea, and it was pretty easy to do, so thank-you

For your relationship's sake I recommend implementing a custom letHerWin radius/score multiplier

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)