N/A

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Looks pretty much like Construct 2. For free I'd play around with it but I'm already used to C2 as it is. Thanks for the heads up on other game dev software.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:47 pm

looks nice i think... and french

promising, but the event set is messy
and the flow looks a little off

i did't install it, but this have a tile editor?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:59 pm

looks like a step in a hard direction events definitely are messy and will be making it harder to vebug and/or find relevant pieces later in your code,
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:25 pm

I say Meh ...

Had a look at it , More like CC , even so , I would personally prefer CC ,
But I would strongly advise you to ...
Learn a Programming Language & Join the Dark side !Whiteclaws2013-11-03 23:25:35
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:00 am

I use C2 because I actually really have a shot of finishing my games.

I don't really get why, but I don't mind it really. I'm a C# developer and there are times where I REALLY miss the multiple interfaces, reactive extensions, object references...

And not one of those that I've worked on with any other platform has progressed beyond " a few things on screen and lots of data classes". I had one in XNA I finished, but that's dead now... I've used Unity, I have lots of assets, but I never really get in more than those first few days where you have a cool idea and work feverishly on it.

I don't really know why, but I find C2 fun to use. So I'm coming from the opposite end. I'm a professional developer, that's worked with platforms like Unity... and I'm going a new direction with C2.

I'm not saying you're wrong, not at all. Every tool has its strengths and there are many things that C2 isn't really good at. But I'm loving C2, and I hope that never changes.   
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:14 am

It's not necessarily that bad, its free for one thing which is always a nice touch. The main issue I see with this software is that it lacks a community, which in my opinion seems really important. Also will the developer update it often? Construct 2 has consistent updates and will probably be the only 2d engine I plan to use for now, until I move onto a 3d engine.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:45 am

[QUOTE=Whiteclaws] I say Meh ...

Had a look at it , More like CC , even so , I would personally prefer CC ,
But I would strongly advise you to ...
Learn a Programming Language & Join the Dark side ![/QUOTE]

I have, but for being able to prototype it is nice to use these types of tools.

[QUOTE=Pennington Games] looks like a step in a hard direction events definitely are messy and will be making it harder to vebug and/or find relevant pieces later in your code,[/QUOTE]

I agree but I am still impressed with it. I will still use C2 when on my windows machine... it would make no sense to stop using software I paid for.

[QUOTE=retrodude] It's not necessarily that bad, its free for one thing which is always a nice touch. The main issue I see with this software is that it lacks a community, which in my opinion seems really important. Also will the developer update it often? Construct 2 has consistent updates and will probably be the only 2d engine I plan to use for now, until I move onto a 3d engine.[/QUOTE]

This I agree with.

There are a multitude of tools out there. Some great some not, I think having more tools in the toolbox is more advantageous than limiting myself. On the other hand I am pleased to find tools like Game Develop or even game-editor for that matter that allow for more freedom.

Great points everyone, and there is one thing for certain. This is the best community.
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Your original post lists lots of features, and Construct 2 has all of them, as far as I can tell, apart from the fact the editor runs on Mac/Linux (and the fact it's free - although Construct 2 also has a free edition).

Is it just those two things - a Linux editor and the fact it's free? Anyway, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:33 pm

@PixelHero

http://www.fetzenet.de/blog/?page_id=697

If you like C# maybe you can see this new C# game framework. Using Net4.0,OpenGL,OpenAL.

I really miss LINQ though...

GameDevelop is very good alternative to Construct 2. I just hate that they split the forum to French and English.

French section got a lot of post.

If you want to try GameDevelop, make sure you download it from the forum instead of Main Page.tumira2013-11-04 16:36:09
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:55 pm

@tumira

If it supports .Net4.0, I would expect it to be based on C# 4.0, and support LINQ.

Yeah, I need LINQ if I'm in C#, I live and breathe Reactive Extensions.

I have to laugh, though. I've used the docking architecture before, and contributed to it somewhat (well, a derivative of it, since WeifenLuo stopped updating it.

Then we moved to WPF and redid the user interface, but hey!

Thanks for the heads up!

*Edit* Something screams out as very wrong when you are better off downloading from the forums than the main page.PixelHero2013-11-05 23:56:33
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General