Name this style...

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Hey Guys! I made this artwork for a project I was going to make but I didn't , so I look at it and I liked it style! :D It feels nice to make this bright , stroke free graphics. Can you tell me what is the name of this style? if there is not, can you give me an idea about a special name for this artistic style? If you like it, I'm going to make a free assets of this style! :D
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
56
S
15
G
5
Posts: 852
Reputation: 11,431

Post » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:07 am

It's essentially flatshading/like a 2D cell shade without the outlines. I too like that style, especially in 3D games, however it does take some skill to pull it off without looking lazy (same with minimalism!). That image looks pretty good though :)
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
116
S
41
G
17
Posts: 2,201
Reputation: 19,539

Post » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:59 am

I would describe it as vector and "flat design". flat design has been very hot this year
B
32
S
6
G
2
Posts: 317
Reputation: 2,801

Post » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:04 pm

IndieKiwi wrote:I would describe it as vector and "flat design". flat design has been very hot this year

Thanks indiekiwi , I searched the name flat design and that was the result I wanted. It is the style that I want! I'm going to try to make flat design art assets to help game developer make flat games. Yes its vector, I made it with adobe illustrator .
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
56
S
15
G
5
Posts: 852
Reputation: 11,431

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:28 pm

I think most people refer to it as shaded vector art. It's popular in icon design. Google "shaded vector icons," and you'll get a lot of examples.

More artsy people would describe it as simple Geometric Vector art. A geometric style is characterized by the use of simple shapes (triangles, squares, circles, abstract, etc.) to form patterns or more complexed shapes.

Here's a few more examples:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/1423547 ... e-Portrait
B
14
S
7
G
3
Posts: 145
Reputation: 3,035

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Sebastian wrote:I think most people refer to it as shaded vector art. It's popular in icon design. Google "shaded vector icons," and you'll get a lot of examples.

More artsy people would describe it as simple Geometric Vector art. A geometric style is characterized by the use of simple shapes (triangles, squares, circles, abstract, etc.) to form patterns or more complexed shapes.

Here's a few more examples:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/1423547 ... e-Portrait

Thanks for the website! I really dig this art! it's give you the power of awesome vector art without making it so much complex. I love simple bright art! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
56
S
15
G
5
Posts: 852
Reputation: 11,431

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Naji wrote:Thanks for the website! I really dig this art! it's give you the power of awesome vector art without making it so much complex. I love simple bright art! :D


No problem. I like simplistic art too! I think you made a great choice in style. :)
B
14
S
7
G
3
Posts: 145
Reputation: 3,035

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Lucky they told you right. I was going to say "metro" but...yeah, flat shading is better I guess.
B
9
S
2
Posts: 80
Reputation: 854

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:50 pm

It is South Park Canadian style :)
B
22
S
5
G
2
Posts: 210
Reputation: 3,377


Return to Open Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests