Native Compiler (Alpha) Blog By Tom

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Very Interesting.

did you recode the Construct2 function into a native engine ? (using capx xml setting to setup your how engine)
or real use wrapper html5 ?

Did you plan or actually use Draw Call Batching ? (it's the real limitation to a true power use of construct 2 on mobile device)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:29 pm

ThunderZ wrote:Very Interesting.

did you recode the Construct2 function into a native engine ? (using capx xml setting to setup your how engine)
or real use wrapper html5 ?

Did you plan or actually use Draw Call Batching ? (it's the real limitation to a true power use of construct 2 on mobile device)

Sorry i don't understand the first question.

Onto batching i cant say at this point.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:35 pm

stefanos wrote:@tomsstudio

You've got my attention here.

Regardless what ashley officially said about your project you never know...
But I have to agree with him in one thing, be sensitive of how you present this and what hopes you raise.

Best wishes
:)

I understand your concern. My policy is only when i have a feature being developed then i can say 'hey look x has this feature'.

But what i can say is that i'm dedicating half my time to this, the other half going towards my game i'm making.

I'm fortunate enough with my wonderful family that i can dedicate a lot of time to this project.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:12 pm

This sounds awesome. Good look with this adventure! :)
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:52 pm

pcp wrote:This sounds awesome. Good look with this adventure! :)

Thank you :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:45 pm

tomsstudio wrote:
stefanos wrote:@tomsstudio

You've got my attention here.

Regardless what ashley officially said about your project you never know...
But I have to agree with him in one thing, be sensitive of how you present this and what hopes you raise.

Best wishes
:)

I understand your concern. My policy is only when i have a feature being developed then i can say 'hey look x has this feature'.

But what i can say is that i'm dedicating half my time to this, the other half going towards my game i'm making.

I'm fortunate enough with my wonderful family that i can dedicate a lot of time to this project.

I Really like that answer,

Good luck again

I look forward for news..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:23 pm

This is interesting idea.. The Xml is the 'source' in a sense that it has the necessary data and not (much) extra fluff. Of course implementing everything (or at least most) C2 can offer will take quite a while, but I like the effort.
Need help? Upload .capx file with your question.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:15 pm

So you'reusing Monkey? That's nice, it is a really nice language.

Now for a bit of inception, imagine an html5 C2 project re-compiled to html5 through Monkey :D

Keep us updated
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:14 am

Gianmichele wrote:So you'reusing Monkey? That's nice, it is a really nice language.

Now for a bit of inception, imagine an html5 C2 project re-compiled to html5 through Monkey :D

Keep us updated

nooo my brain XD
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:41 am

It would probably be better if @tomsstudio had a small team of volunteers to help him out since it seems such a big task for Scirra to take on. I would rather them work on this then multiplayer, gosh I don't even want to think about the complications that's going to cause. I can't even post scores on Facebook from my android game..
Please Support Ocean Explorer.
http://igg.me/p/735007/x/6915815
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Tools and Resources