Native Desktop Exporter for Construct 3

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:56 am

I disagree, multiplatform support is true, though I do see a huge FPS drop in my tablet game. I can say that simple tablet games run very well for me. I do use XDK, and I am publishing to Steam, with NW.

I know that my desktop game runs circles around my tablet game. The more I look to android the more I think possibly Paper2d or Unity may be my solution for mobile. But for the price C2 has delivered imho. Cost performance has to total into everything for me. And when I started Unity was over priced(still is imo) and Paper2d did not exist.

I don't see a problem with anything people are saying but I do try and put myself in the other pair of shoes. Not defending because I do not know Ashley. But he and Tom have proven to be invested in C2, and the community support is amazing, for such a small group of insanely Knowledgeable People to actually share a TON of stuff is rare. These are the reasons I will most likely stay with C2/3 for the Adventures of DaKoo games, be it PC or mobile, even after it's release. The challenge for me then becomes about working within the given limitations, be it mine or C2. Making sure I only add features that I can pull off.

I will say that making Adventures of DaKoo has taken considerably longer due to the constant changes. But I find things have been improving considerably since I started, with few exceptions.

The Games design must take into account the tools being used, this is something I did not consider when I first started. This is something that is very hard for a first timer like me. I want everything. Since I got most of what I wanted and C2 did get me to greenlight I am ahead of the curve with the 100 dollar purchase. Truely I really love it, but like I said before there are a few things I pine for;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:14 am

Wow, things are pretty heated in this thread.

Here, my opinion,
I don't care much about a new native exporter especially if it means Ashley will be focusing mainly on that part.
I rather have him work on other more relevant stuff, especially in the editor portion.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Have observed this thread, and refrained until now to chip in.
But, in general I don't think Ashley who relies on this product to earn a living from, would seek to make any decision that would be financially unviable.
It's all about extensibility, and I believe that we should trust his judgement on this, as we all look to the future of Construct 2..3..4..
Bushy Ball\Boatman Bill\Sticky Web\Snake

Image ImageImageImage

During the gold rush it was a good time to be in the pick and shovel business
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:20 am

I spent some time creating samples, research and stuff. Anyways I wanted to dispel the bunnymark test.

Yes bunnymark is awesome. How can bunnymark render so many bunnies.... that's because the bunnies are not treated like a standard sprite. the bunnymark test is in fact a form of particle effect. The difference is that instead of standard particles just spraying out and following a properties patter, the bunnies have game code. So I went on to see about creating a devilmark image at 58,000 devils(I can get 30fps with 65,000 bunnies).

The result is that my computer can handle 65k devils as a particle at 30fps.
So here is my breakdown
Bunnymark: 58,000@30fps
Devilmark: 15,000@30fps
DevilParticle: 65,000@30fps

The reason I suspect that DevilParticle is higher is because the BM has more math logic happening.

Maybe C2 should have spritebatches too?
http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/3501 ... ritebatch/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:28 am

I thought C2 did something like this already? Still, it would be awesome if there were a way to have a simpler sprite object that could render even faster, for bullets and that sort of thing.

Super particles? :)
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:29 am

TiAm wrote:I thought C2 did something like this already? Still, it would be awesome if there were a way to have a simpler sprite object that could render even faster, for bullets and that sort of thing.

Super particles? :)

+1
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:30 pm

Construct 2 has had a batching system since the WebGL renderer was introduced (2011 I think). That was a long time before PIXI.js even existed.

The 'Particles' object does use a faster rendering method in WebGL mode.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:55 pm

@Ashley

Do you think it would be possible to overlay image editors in Construct 3?
There's times where I have to use image points to connect parts of sprites together, and it's pretty gruelling and trial and error when I can't see the other sprites.

Also can I put an order for Construct 3 already? Can't wait, especially since it can import C2 projects.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Nesteris wrote:Also can I put an order for Construct 3 already? Can't wait, especially since it can import C2 projects.

It sounds a bit crazy, but I'd put in a pre-order now. Kickstarter?

@Ashley

Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:14 pm

@Nesteris @TiAm Guys, it will be a while before business model for c3 will be made.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General