Native Mac App Makes Game Really Dark

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:21 am

Hi guys!

I am Sean Cruz. I am currently developing a game, and I have exported it to both Windows and Mac native apps. However, whenever I play the Mac app, everything is sooooo dark that it appears black. Sometimes, all you see is a very dark silhouette of the character. On Windows, it runs awesome. But Mac...always seems to cause trouble.

I'll upload the app so you can see, for those who have Macs. Just press download and unzip the app. It's only one file.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1w7jAEh-bcqNjgydUdOaTAtLU0/edit?usp=sharingseancruz2013-04-19 06:26:27
B

Post » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Did you try r126?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:12 pm

Yes that's what I'm using.

I tried creating a white shape with additive layer mode, and dodge effect and exported it to mac native, and it worked. It brightens it for sure, however, I must find the right balance so it has the right brightness. I guess that's one solution. However, it's still strange that it appears so dark.

I know that Mac color profiles are darker than PC, since I work on both creating art, but it's never been such a big difference. So it's weird that it gets really dark.
B

Return to Construct 2 General