Need a new graphics card

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hello,

I'm having problems with my graphics card when it comes to contruct 2. I've tried everything now but it still crashes a lot when i try to open projects, insert sprites or try to change text size. In the worst cases it even corrupts my save and even the backup files. I've learned to make a lot of saves and even make a copy before i open a project.

I'm getting sick of this so i'm looking into a new graphics card but before i spend all my money on a new card i would like to know what you guys are using and if you have any problems with it.

Any advice would be much appreciated

• GeForce GTX 560 Ti for about a year and a half, it works pretty good on win7 as far as I can tell.

• You'd have to give a budget first! And let us know what else you use your computer for.

• Do you have enough space for a long GFx? Do you have two slots available or just one?

• I used to have a GeForce 9800 GTX. Sadly it burned out after 2 years. Should not have put a different fan on it myself. Oh well..

I have 2 slots and room for a something like the 9800 GTX. That thing was big enough to cover the second slot. I'm looking for something between the 200 and 300.

I use my machine for gaming as well but there is no need for something super powerful. Its a Intel duo core 3.2 GHz with 4GB of ram. Don't want to waste power because my cpu will be the bottle neck in most cases.

• the 7770 is a nice and cheap GPU , I got no problems with C2 and I can run Modern Warfare 3 at medium settings smoothly

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Updating your graphics card driver could fix a lot of those issues without you having to buy a whole new card. Newer hardware does tend to have newer drivers as well though.

• Updating your graphics card driver could fix a lot of those issues without you having to buy a whole new card. Newer hardware does tend to have newer drivers as well though.

I'm sorry i don't mean to be rude and i know you are trying to help but i have heard this so many times its becoming a bit insulting. I've read pretty much every topic about this problem trying to fix it. I also consider myself a fairly hardcore gamer so my drivers are up to date. The card just keeps crashing from time to time. Not just on construct 2.

ATI Readon 5700 is just a crappy card. When my GTX died i didn't have the money to get a proper card so i got this on the cheap.

• Ashley mentioned a while back that high-end newer NVidia cards are giving abnormally high performance in webGL. This might be a benefit, but on the other hand it can give false confidence in your game.

Just something I thought might or might not be helpful in your search :P

• I'm using a GTX660. I think this card has the optimum balance between price and performance for PC gaming. The AMD alternative would be a 7870 or 7950 which sit either side in price.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/660?vs=550

• Save up for a Titan or 690 is the best idea.

• Haha yeah right a Titan. That wont happen anytime soon.

Anyway thanks for all the replies!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)