Need help making a beat'em up. (like Double Dragon, etc.)

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri May 08, 2009 10:25 am

From what I see, you actually move the shadow, so you just make sure the shadow doesn't move past the black line. The character himself is just there for visual tricks.

That's what I'm guessing.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2009 10:51 am

I was thing that to but when you attack It the it is the character that make the collisions. not the shadow.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2009 10:56 am

That would be a separate thing then, no?

Anyway, while jumping, you can still check for the 'position' in order to detect collisions - top Y position of the shadow, for example. If it matches with the victim's shadow position (within range), the FALCON PUNCH would land into delicious meat. That's so you can't kick your opponent's head while you're on top side of the room and he's on bottom side, when their sprites overlap.

Yeah, you've gotta think of all situations like that and decide what is the best solution for you.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Player hitting the enemy when there at same Y position I know how to do it.
It's just jumping passed walls but, not walking passed them I cant seem to figure out.
I kind of got way to do it now but it keep the player bouncing back which I don't want to happen.

I hope they add "Pass Through Solid" or "Turning On/Off Solid" feature in the event Sheet editor.That would make this a lot easier.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 09, 2009 4:14 am

I got the collision between the player and the wall up to a point of satisfaction.
I had to us a lot of variables to get it to work right.
Now I am moving on to how the player will interacts with the enemy and other objects.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic