Need help making a bridge.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi, I'm trying to program a simple bridge in Construct Classic, kinda like the ones found in Sonic the Hedgehog.

Kinda like this

So far none of my attempts have worked, and I'm playing hell trying to find a decent tutorial.

Does anyone know how this might be done?

Also, if possible. one which can be cut, at the pegs. to cause the bridge to collapse.

• Well all I can suggest at this moment is that you most definitely look into the chipmunk behaviour and thread/tutorials. It is an extra behaviour that must be installed on top of C2. Its a physics engine that supports these kind of mechanics from what I read about it.

Here is the thread for it:

• I appreciate the help, but as I noted before, I'm currently working in Construct Classic, not Construct 2.

I'm sure that I can use this later on though, thanks.

• Ah sorry for that, I didnt quite get that my bad.

• That's quite alright.

We all make mistakes from time to time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry for the double post, but I've figured this thing out.

• NiteShadow

Care to share

Might be useful for both CC and C2 users searching for a similar answer.

• Sure thing! give me just a bit to set up a tutorial.

• I assume you used the bone/joint behavior to create something like what you wanted - at least, that's how I would go about it, but I've never combined that behavior with platform before. Congrats on figuring it out (and I eagerly await your explanation ).

• Emperor Ing

There is something amiss here.

NiteShadow had already responded with an explanation and I had also responded, so it looks like the last 2 posts have 'disappeared'.

I'm investigating...........

• I assume you used the bone/joint behavior to create something like what you wanted - at least, that's how I would go about it, but I've never combined that behavior with platform before. Congrats on figuring it out (and I eagerly await your explanation ).

It's right here, actually, as of receiving a kind request from zenox98 to share the data.

The easiest way to make it work was with the "Physics" behavior, since it can handle linking, gravity, and additional force, via defaults, and events.

• I need a construct 2 example on this NiteShadow

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)