Need help with frame rate in mobile.

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 5:18 am

That's weird. Does it only occur on mobile? or does the penguin pass right through in desktop as well? Does it happen for the popsicles too?. You exporting using cocoonjs?.

It seems fine when i tested on my android.

You sure you didn't change the code, The for each block loop is still present right.
B
S

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 10:42 am

Pandy wrote:That's weird. Does it only occur on mobile? or does the penguin pass right through in desktop as well? Does it happen for the popsicles too?. You exporting using cocoonjs?.

It seems fine when i tested on my android.

You sure you didn't change the code, The for each block loop is still present right.

Amazingly yes. It only occurred on mobile. What is happening is that randomly the Penguin is passing through ice blocks and popsicles as well.

The only thing different I did was changing some collision points that were different from what you set up (you changed it to bottom instead of middle, but forgot to do the same in other objects frames, such as the left and right penguin frames)

I exported the game using Cocoon JS (Which by the way worked way better than Crosswalk), and the device I am using is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Mini.

One thing that I was thinking about is if setting the Every X Seconds from the blocks/popsicle generator to "0.5" has something to do with it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 11:38 am

Hi! I am also going through similar situation... frame rate is low (from 26 to 37) ... but the game is playable on Desktops. But when I try it on Android or iOS things get really ugly :(

Here's my topic... and the game idea is also simple as yours.
how-do-i-increase-fps-increase-performance_t104361

I think in my case, managing many collisions is a big issue (at least 16 objects).
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 1:57 pm

hi
1-you dont need to disable all object collisions (you will complicate script event and probably affect performance)
you just need to disable collisions with object that enter in collisions

2-enable collisions if object is on screen is not necessare try to find something else
because when object are out side screen (layout) , their collisions are not checked (try it by your self , 2 object make them move from screen to outside , and set some collisions between them and see the inspictor
you will see that if the 2 object are outside , the collisions check to go 0 without disabling or enabling anythings
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?