Need help with game lagging on phone...

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:24 pm

I've got some lagging issues with my autorunner game when I'm testing on my phone. I've used both Ludei and Crosswalk and I get issues with both. The game is still playable but the lag is an issue as it's noticeable.

I was hoping someone would be willing to take a look at the events in my capx and help me with this lag issue. I'm still learning so I would be grateful if someone more experienced could tell me where I'm going wrong or what I can improve.

I can't post my capx here as the capx file is too big and I don't think I can PM as my reputation needs to be 500, but I could email it if anyone is willing.

I'm nearly done with my game so it's annoying I've got this problem :)

I know it may be a bit much to ask but hope someone can help.
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:07 pm

I'll take a look for you. Well never mind I can't help you due to restrictions also. My Skype is nlaakald.

Save the game as a single file and please replace the graphics with just basic colored shapes. Zip it and contact me via Skype. This will decrease size and protect your content.
[b]Andrew Donelson[b]
I2TM Labs
https://i2tmlabs.com/
[email protected]
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:57 am

@nlaakald Cheers mate, appreciate it. What I've done with my capx is change the sprites with ones from the internet rather than coloured shapes just for this as I wanted it as similar to my actual capx as possible with regards to character animation, just in case there's something with that that needs improving.

I don't have Skype though and have no idea if I can still send to your Skype somehow. Do you mind if I send it via email if you don't mind providing your email address?
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:45 pm

@nlaakald Just joined Skype, probably be easier that way. Have no idea it works yet :)

I've sent you a contact request and i'll send the file soon.

Thanks again.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:01 am

You might be using up too much memory:

Make sure your sprites & tiled backgrounds are power of 2 , especially your background: make it no bigger than 512x512

Also make sure things are being deleted when & where they're suppose to be (right when they are no longer of use) .
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:18 pm

i think its all about your capx and even sheet however ...

-read performance manual (avoid every tick, enable physics / behaviors / collisions = important only when it is necessaire)
-read dont waste your memory tutorial (avoid transparent spaces, optimize your images etc ...)
-if you use ads ... dont show it when the game is runing (show then only in start layout/ game over .... loading status)
-use family and groups (that help me a lot ... believe me)
-pixel rounding to on , webgl to off , sampling to point (spacially for pixalized game),switch all to low quality

and more others tricks and tweks ... it depend on your game
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:12 pm

@EyezWidee , @matrixreal . Thanks for the replies, I'll take what you've said on board.

I've read the manuals and tried to incorporate those tips into my game, to be honest most of the things you've guys suggested i have done so (i think). I do however have some images bigger than 512x512 for my background, i've tried using a smaller image size but it doesn't come out right so i left those.

I'm thinking it may be something with my event sheets which could be improved which is why i've asked for help. If you guys are willing to take a look at my capx and see if there are any issues, then that would be great.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:28 pm

then post your capx and we will try to find what go wrong
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:36 pm

I can't as i mentioned in the first post that the file is too big for me to post it here. I can send it via email if thats OK?
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:18 pm

try to replace different sprite with simple square and post it
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?