Need ideas for mechanics and game design

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Create a boss fight with this easy to follow game pack. Recreate the classic attacks of Mutoid Man from Super Smash TV
  • I started this game as a learning process in C2. Now i really dont know if i can make it "fun" or in wich direction i should take it.

Try the very raw alpha here: http://eris.itch.io/space-game-without-a-name

A, S, W, D for controls. 1 and 2 toggles laser and tractor beam.

I dont know if a more Arcade style is better, with swarms of attackers etc, or more of a rpg with earning cash and buying upgrades, doing mining missions, dragging around ore etc, maybe building a refinery etc, is the way to go.

I feel it is a little bit flat now. Not the graphics, but the interesting/fun element.

Anyone has tips ideas for mechanics?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is fantastic.

I get the feel that it should be a choose your own adventure.

Player can buy upgrades, do mining missions as you say.

He can also be a space pirate and loot other vessels, or join the federation and take down the space pirates.

I don't know, weave a story, through in 1 major quest, and 3 to 5 mini quests. Give the user some chooses and make sure there is something dramatic happening/about to happen that must be stopped or avoided. Maybe solar system going to explode and he hasn't got enough resources on his broken ship to evacuate and spin a story around getting his ship space travel worthy to escape the doom.

But, it is gorgeous demo. Fantastic job.

• I don't know, weave a story, through in 1 major quest, and 3 to 5 mini quests.

Thanks.

Yes going at it from a story angle can be the thing to do. I guess i'll start mulling it over.

Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)